Rich with chocolate, but not too sweet, this Chocolate Biscuits Recipe produces a wonderful morning treat that is pretty easy to make. They are tender and moist and a great way to start your day!
A slightly indulgent breakfast without tons of extra time or complex recipes.
Chocolate Biscuits Recipe
I fully expected the boys to not like these and was pleasantly surprised when they did. I think the smell had a lot to do with them like these biscuits. ‘Are you making brownies for breakfast?’ they asked.
Then they tasted and proclaimed, ‘These taste like muffins.’
Chocolate Biscuits do, in fact, taste like Chocolate Muffins. However, the texture is that of a biscuit. It has crusty, crispy edges and soft centers. They are really good served hot with cinnamon butter!
The ingredients are basic that you probably have in the pantry: — flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and buttermilk. As well, you will need cold butter. As well, they take about 25 minutes to make from start to finish. It’s doable any day.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Tropical Pineapple Coconut Scones
- No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Dessert Dumplings
- Lemon Cobbler
- 10 Best Cobbler Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Twinkie
- Glazed Strawberry Fritters
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Press dough together with your hands on a sheet of parchment paper or pastry board. Use a knife to cut squares or a biscuit cutter to shape the dough into rounds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until biscuits are set and slightly golden on the edges. Serve immediately.