Easy Lemon Cobbler is a simple recipe that takes just minutes to prepare. It’s bright, bold, sweet, and tart and you’ll love every bite of this lemony dessert.
Dig your spoon through the topping, and you’ll find a warm lemon custard filling. The contrast between the lightly browned, slightly crisp top and the sweet, saucy center is enough to make this easy dessert a new go-to.
I actually like lemon and strawberry desserts better than chocolate. I know. Call me crazy! I’m sure I’m in the minority. However, this dessert may win you over!
This recipe is the ideal dessert for grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, and summer cookouts. It’s sweet, tart, easy to make, and goes great with homemade ice cream and/or Cool Whip.
How to make Lemon Cobbler?
Most of making this cobbler is simply layering the ingredients. First, you’ll melt butter in your pan. I do this while the oven is preheating.
The only mixing is for the batter. I made a homemade batter which is a basic cake batter using flour, sugar, milk, flavoring, and lemon zest. I tested the cobbler with cake mix for the batter and didn’t like the result. Once the batter is combined, you’ll pour the batter over the melted butter. Resist the urge to stir it.
Finally, the last step of this ever-so-short-and-easy dessert is pouring lemon pie filling over the batter. Again, you do not want to stir it.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to cook! It takes 55 minutes to an hour of smelling it baking and fill your house with lemony heaven scent. And, when you do finally take it out of the oven, wait, do not take a huge, scorching bite and burn your tongue. I may actually have experience with this!
What size pan do I need?
Can I cook this in a slow cooker?
Yes. The slow cooker method is just as simple but takes longer to cook.
- You’ll mix it together exactly as directed except layer the ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- Don’t open the lid during the cooking time.
While you’re here, check out these cobblers!
- Pecan Cobbler
- Caramel Cobbler
- Peach Pecan Cobbler
- Apple Cobbler Nachos
- Caramel Apple Cobbler
- Oreo Cookie Cobbler
- Apple Cobbler Bars
Easy Lemon Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the butter to a 7x12-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan. Place it in the oven to melt.
- Pour the batter evenly over the melted butter in the baking dish. Don't stir.
- Next, pour or spoon the lemon pie filling over the batter as evenly as possible. Do not stir.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven 55 to 60 minutes. The top crust should be golden brown. The center of the cobbler may look a little 'jiggly' but the crust should be brown and cooked.
- The is great served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Cover and store leftovers in the in refrigerator up to 4 days.