PMc’s Caramel Cobbler is rich and buttery and takes just minutes to put together. Perfect for potluck and entertaining. This Caramel Cobbler has a decadent, self-made caramel sauce that you’ll want to keep eating and eating!
This. This is my go-to dessert! It takes just minutes to put together and I with such a basic ingredient list, I always have the ingredients to make it.
When I have a dinner party, I can mix it together quickly as I talk to quests and put it in the oven. It’s hot and ready to eat by the time we finish the meal.
You may also like these cobblers
The only way you can get a dessert any easier is purchase one already made and that would totally not be as tasty!
PMc’s Caramel Cobbler is one of those quickly made ‘dump’ type dessert. Do you know what I mean when I say that? Basically, you layer (dump) everything in a pan and bake it. There’s no pulling out the electric mixer, no kneading, no waiting for something to rise! It’s a straight-forward, super-easy layer and bake dessert.
The milk, brown sugar and butter cook to create a rich, creamy caramel sauce hugging the cobbler. It’s best served
with a big spoon straight out of the pan warm with good vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
Paradise for some people may be a sunny beach with palm trees and cocktails. Paradise for me would be eating as much of this as I wanted without gaining an ounce! #justsayin I’m sure the streets of heaven are lined with PMc’s Caramel Cobbler, it just looks like gold!
PMc’s Caramel Cobbler
- First of all, I recommend real butter for this dessert. The caramel sauce will not cook correctly with a substitute.
- However, you can substitute all-purpose flour for the self-rising flour. To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. You will need to adjust this ratio for the amount called for in this recipe.
- You can use whole milk, 1% or 2%. Typically, I use 2% milk.
Melt butter in pan in oven
*Tip ~Did you know this little trick? Whisk your flour instead of sifting it.
Works just as well and much faster!
Stir flour and sugar together
add vanilla to milk
pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir
melted butter makes me happy!
pour batter over butter
sprinkle brown sugar over batter
carefully pour hot water over everything
PMc's Caramel Cobbler
PMc's Caramel Cobbler has a decadent, self-made caramel sauce that is smooth and buttery and a crisp, fluffy top crust. A simple dessert with out-standing flavor.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup real butter I use salted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond
- 1 and 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup hot water
- Ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of batter.
- Carefully pour hot water over batter. Do not stir.
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.