Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting has warm, fall notes of pumpkin and is topped with a light-as-a-cloud whipped cream frosting.
I’ve had some cakes that claim to be “Better than xxx” and honestly, they weren’t. But, this Pumpkin Cake with Whipped Cream Pecan Frosting, it’s close. haha, just kidding. It sure is good though!
Ok, so I’m going to be straight-up honest right here if you don’t like cool whip, or low-fat/ fat-free versions of ingredients, stop reading. If you continue, don’t go blasting me in the comments. K? thanks!
I will give you regular and lighter versions of the ingredients for this cake. I’ve made both versions and they’re both out-of-this-world delicious!!
As well, you’ll enjoy Pineapple Upside-Down Carrot Cake, Cheesecake Layered Carrot Cake, and Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Bundt Cake too!
Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
If you like moist cakes, this cake is for you!
If you like easy-to-make desserts, this cake’s for you!
There is no easier cake to make than this Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake. For the cake, you merely mix cake mix and pumpkin puree. It’s that simple, no eggs, no oil. Hard to believe?
The next step is to drown your cake with sweetened condensed milk, then top it with a frosting made of instant pudding and whipped cream! It’s so simple, but it’s so impressive! I made this for a lady’s luncheon and had to give up the recipe before they’d let me out of the building!
Oh, I almost forgot, your choice, but it certainly adds to the wow factor. It doesn’t add to the ‘skinny’ factor though, top this baby with chopped snickers!
Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 16.5 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk or fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk you can substitute skim, 1% or 2% milk
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding or sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- 8 ounces cool whip low fat or fat free can be used, or 1 pint whipping cream plus 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar, whipped to soft peak stage
- 3 cups chopped Snickers candy bars about 4 regular size bars, uh, there is no substitution!
- optional - caramel ice cream topping regular or sugar free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until smooth. *You will not use the ingredients on the back of the cake mix!*
- Pour into a 9x13 inch cake pan and bake at 350 for 27 to 30 minutes.Test center with wooden pick, if it comes out clean or almost clean, your cake is done.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes. Poke holes in cake and pour sweetened condensed milk over entire cake. *Cool completely before frosting.
- Whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream or cool whip. Spoon and spread evenly on top of cooled cake.
- Refrigerate an hour to set.
- Top with chopped snickers and caramel.
- Serve and enjoy!
- TIPS - You'll want to cool this cake completely before icing as a hot cake will melt the whipped cream. Because there are no eggs in this cake, the cake isn't super sturdy. After all, eggs are used in baking as a leavener and a binder. Because of lack of a binding agent, I don't recommend making this into a layer cake.
Love this cake so much – it’s so easy to make and so moist!
This is so delicious and indeed tasty! Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe! Will make it again, so helpful!
So decadent and delicious and so easy. I love that in a good dessert recipe. Perfect way to welcome fall.
The Better Baker says
Crazy inviting! I can almost taste this awesome dessert. It’s beautiful. So glad you shared with us at Weekend Potluck.
Serene @ House of Yumm says
I love this more than words can say! Combining snickers and pumpkin together?! Pure genius!! And I’ll be featuring this on Saturday Night Fever tomorrow night 🙂
THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!! You made my day, Serene!!!
Barb @ A Life in Balance says
I’m glad I’m looking at your recipe after dinner or I’d be rushing out to the kitchen to make this ASAP.
OMG, pumpkin and Snickers cake, this is just up my alley.
Heidi Fowler says
Oh, my goodness, Paula! I don’t know if this could get any better. Your cake looks amazing!
You had me at snickers! This looks fantastic…
Heather M says
I want to reach right through the computer and eat that cake. Gorgeous pictures for a yummy sounding recipe.
I love pumpkin and I love making poke cakes – definitely need to try this cake sometime this fall! I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!
Wow! This cake looks incredible Paula! I am obsessed with anything pumpkin lately and love how easy it is to whip up!
Thanks Kelly. I was really pleased with how this cake turned out. thanks for stopping by!
Jamie | Jamie's Recipes says
AHHHH! I am trying hard to wait until October for anything pumpkiny but this cake might just do me in!
Carol at Wild Goose Tea says
I love this quick version of cake. Sometimes as you well know, you need something quick for a pot luck or just an impromptu dinner guest. A pumpkin poke cake is so with the program for this time of the year—–again as you well know.
Girl, I know. I made this cake, this actual cake for a luncheon that I forgot about and it took no time at all. It took me longer to make the pictures than anything 🙂
amanda @ fake ginger says
Stop it! I can’t think of a better cake! My favorite fall flavor with my favorite candy bar! I definitely want to try this!
Thanks! I would have eaten the whole thing if I didn’t give it away!
Laura @Petite Allergy Treats says
This cake looks amazing! Cake plus candy is always a winner! Thanks for linking up to Saturday Night Fever!
This looks super delicious! I cannot get enough pumpkin right now:)
Me too, Ginnie!
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
Whoa! Look at this crazy good looking cake. Get in my face NOW! Great recipe, Paula!
I swear, it’s so good, thinking about making it again