Creamy Spaghetti Carbonara pasta with smokey bacon is easy and oh so delicious! It’s Italian comfort food at its best.
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish from Rome. Spaghetti Carbonara is a plate of heavenly, creamy pasta. I mean silky spaghetti and crispy bacon in a super creamy and cheesy sauce, what’s not to love?
This recipe is up there in the running as one of my favorite meals. Glorious bacon and cheese taste plus it’s a perfect mid-week, money-saving dinner.
- You can substitute pancetta for the bacon.
- As well, you can add in-season fresh peas or broccoli for a little green and more nutrients.
- Change it up with fresh corn and even chopped jalapenos would be delicious!
- I often use gluten-free pasta in this recipe and it is wonderful.
- Finally, I always use Parmesan cheese, but you can use Romano also. You’ll want to make sure your cheese is finely grated.
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 cup half and half heavy cream, or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain off most of the oil.
- Add cinnamon to pan and saute' 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, half and half, salt, pepper, and cheese. Add this cream mixture to pan.
- Whisk and heat through.
- Add bacon and pasta to cream sauce. Toss.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. Also, she provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.