Creamy Spaghetti Carbonara pasta with a smokey bacon is easy and oh so delicious! It’s Italian comfort food at its best.
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish from Rome. Spaghetti Carbonara is a plate of heavenly, creamy pasta. I mean silky spaghetti and crispy bacon in a super creamy and cheesy sauce, what’s not to love?
Spaghetti Carbonara is up there in the running as one of my favorite meals. Glorious bacon and cheese taste plus it’s a perfect mid-week, money-saving dinner.
- You can substitute pancetta for the bacon.
- As well, you can add in-season fresh peas or broccoli for a little green and more nutrients.
- Change it up with fresh corn and even chopped jalapenos would be delicious!
- I often use gluten-free pasta in this recipe and it is wonderful.
- Finally, I always use Parmesan cheese, but you can use Romano also. You’ll want to make sure your cheese is finely grated.
Creamy Spaghetti Carbonara pasta with a smokey bacon is easy and oh so delicious! It's Italian comfort food at its best.
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup half and half heavy cream, or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain off most of the oil.
- Add cinnamon to pan and saute' 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, half and half, salt, pepper, and cheese. Add this cream mixture to pan.
- Whisk and heat through.
- Add bacon and pasta to cream sauce. Toss.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.