Snickerdoodle Cobbler, rich and buttery with a self-made sauce and warm cinnamon flavor. This cobbler is perfect for your fall spread or any time of year!
My plan for Thanksgiving is to put this in the oven when everyone gets here. By the time we finish dinner, this Snickerdoodle Cobbler will be ready and I’ll serve it hot with good vanilla ice cream. How does that sound?
If you enjoy the flavor in Snickerdoodle cookies, you’ll love this cobbler. It has the same wonderful, warm cinnamon notes.
I recommend using real butter in this recipe. It takes real butter to make a good caramel sauce. I have not tested it with margarine. I also use self-rising flour; it’s just convenient and easy and that’s what this dessert is all about.
This is one of my most favorite, if not the favorite, desserts. It’s just a bonus that it’s crazy easy to make!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9x13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, milk, flavoring and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine, but do not over-mix
- Pour over melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of batter.
- Carefully pour hot water over butter and batter. Do not stir.
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
Hungry for more?