Rich and luscious, not only is Pecan Cobbler crazy simple to make, it’s crazy delicious too!
About this recipe
- I do not recommend using margarine in place of the butter, the caramel just isn’t as good using margarine. Stick with the real thing in this recipe.
- I tested this with self-rising flour, I haven’t made it with plain flour.
- Yes, this recipe has a lot of sugar. The sugar and butter make the caramel sauce and it’s amazing!
Final Tips and Recommendations
- I cannot stress enough, I recommend using real butter only.
- As well, I do not recommend reducing either brown sugar or hot water.
- Additionally, I do not recommend reducing the amount of butter.
- Finally, I use whole milk.
This Pecan Cobbler is one of my favorite desserts – to make and to eat!You are just not going to believe how easy it is!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a 9x13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in the oven.
- Once butter is melted, sprinkle the pecans over butter.
- Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir.
- Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture; do not stir.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
**Please note, I updated this recipe 9/29/14. I tested the recipe using self-rising flour versus a cake mix and found the flour to be much better. The recipe reflects these changes.
- I’ve ‘met’ people from all walks of life and many different countries.
- I enjoy connecting with people.
- I enjoy sharing my passion.
- It allows me to network and builds friendships.
- I have learned to write better and research better.
- Additionally, blogging allows me to trade tips and techniques as well as gain knowledge.
- Blogging has challenged me mentally and creatively.
- I can express my opinion.
- You will never be bored with blogging. There always something to do on the blog.
- I wake up at night thinking about a post I want to create.
Blogging at times has put me out of my comfort zone.
- Blogging challenges me to be better.
You may also enjoy these recipes
click photo below for all the pound cake recipes