Rich and luscious, not only is Pecan Cobbler crazy simple to make, it’s crazy delicious too!
This Pecan Cobbler is a must-have on your dessert list! It’s packed with crunchy pecans and oozing with gooey caramel. The rich caramel sauce is created from butter and brown sugar baking to saucy perfection. Pecan Cobbler is a sweet buttery dessert that’s loaded with toasted pecans. Simple easy dessert uses just one pan.
This dessert by far is one of the best desserts I’ve ever made. If it’s not the best, it’s in the top five for sure!
About this recipe
- I do not recommend using margarine in place of the butter, the caramel just isn’t as good using margarine. Stick with the real thing in this recipe.
- I tested this with self-rising flour, I haven’t made it with plain flour.
- Yes, this recipe has a lot of sugar. The sugar and butter make the caramel sauce and it’s amazing!
Final Tips and Recommendations
- I cannot stress enough, I recommend using real butter only.
- As well, I do not recommend reducing either brown sugar or hot water.
- Additionally, I do not recommend reducing the amount of butter.
- Finally, I use whole milk.
You’ll enjoy these cobblers too!
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a 9x13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in the oven.
- Once butter is melted, sprinkle the pecans over butter.
- Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir.
- Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture; do not stir.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
**Please note, I updated this recipe 9/29/14. I tested the recipe using self-rising flour versus a cake mix and found the flour to be much better. The recipe reflects these changes.
- I’ve ‘met’ people from all walks of life and many different countries.
- I enjoy connecting with people.
- I enjoy sharing my passion.
- It allows me to network and builds friendships.
- I have learned to write better and research better.
- Additionally, blogging allows me to trade tips and techniques as well as gain knowledge.
- Blogging has challenged me mentally and creatively.
- I can express my opinion.
- You will never be bored with blogging. There always something to do on the blog.
- I wake up at night thinking about a post I want to create.
Blogging at times has put me out of my comfort zone.
- Blogging challenges me to be better.
click photo below for all the pound cake recipes