Brie and Onion Bites
Scroll to bottom for the recipe or enjoy my ramblings first.
Use the real thing!
My helper from the time he could stand!
All of us – The Jones
Chocolate chip cookie dough.
Don’t you love the dough better than the actual baked cookie?!
Cupcakes I made for Ryder’s 6th birthday party.
I was featured in eat. drink. MISSISSIPPI. Magazine 10/2012
My flight of red wine at Flight Restaurant in Memphis
Sunday afternoon fun riding the Rhino with Lincoln, Summer, and Ryder.
For some crazy reason, she loves the lay in this flower pot.
I won a vacation to Henderson Park Inn ~ Destin, FL.
If her ears stood tall…..
My little man grew a mustache!
I love Instagram and the different exposures.
I hope you enjoyed those; here’s your recipe.
And, is it phyllo, filo, or fillo? I googled and all three apparently are use.
I like phyllo.
You may also like this tart!
Brie and Onion Bites (and Show and Tell)
- 3 sheets phyllo dough or pre-made phyllo cups or 24 premade phyllo cups
- 12 oz brie cheese
- 1 large onion sliced
- small pieces cooked bacon for garnish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- balsamic reduction
- Add 2 Tablespoons oil to a saute' pan and cook onions on medium-low until lightly golden in color.
- Meanwhile, cut the phyllo dough into 12 even squares. They will be approximately 3x3 inches. Press dough into a mini-muffin tin.
- Cube brie in 1-inch cubes and place one cube in the bottom of each cup.
- Spoon onions onto cheese. Bake about 15 minutes, until pastry is lightly browned.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Reduction over top.
- Serve immediately.