Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy make-ahead appetizer and are jam-packed with flavor from three kinds of cheese, herbs, and spices. Making these cheesy stuffed mushrooms takes just a few ingredients and can be made ahead of time and stored until you’re ready. It’s very easy to make and super delicious!
Are mushrooms healthy?
Mushrooms are naturally low in fat, calories. and are cholesterol-free. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins such as riboflavin (B2), folate (B9), thiamine (B1), pantothenic acid (B5), and niacin B3) as well as copper, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
This makes mushrooms a good appetizer for the holiday.
Tips for Cooking Stuffed Mushrooms
- I recommend a stuffing that is completely cooked and just needs to be warmed.
- When cooking these mushrooms I wait until almost all of the liquid that the mushrooms have released in the bottom of the pan has evaporated before adding the cheese on top for the last step.
- You can make and refrigerate these mushrooms up to 24 hours.
You’ll more than likely have more filling than necessary. I over-stuff the mushrooms. The filling is thick and ideal for mounding up.
While you’re here, check out these delicious recipes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint button mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Stuff in the mushroom cap and bake for 15 minutes on 350°F. Remove and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the mushrooms and return to the oven for 5 more minutes or until mushrooms are piping hot and liquid evaporates from the pan.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- *After mushrooms are stuffed they can be refrigerated for a couple of hours before baking if necessary.
I originally posted this recipe on 5/15/12 updated 10/30/19 with new info and photos.