Captain Rodney’s Dip is the ultimate party food. This outrageously good dip recipe is what every party, tailgate, and cookout needs!
I’m a huge fan of this dip. Furthermore, it’s simple to mix together and taste phenomenal.
Captain Rodney’s Dip is hailed as The Top Tailgating Recipe in the South and I believe it! One bite with its varying flavors and textures and it’ll become your favorite dip recipe too!
This dip is loaded with cheese, cream cheese, bacon, and Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze. What the heck is Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze? It’s a glaze that’s both sweet and spicy. Actually, this product was an accident that turned out to be the company’s best selling glaze. If you can’t find it locally, you can get Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze here.
A substitution for this glaze would be Pepper Jelly. You can get Pepper Jelly here.
How do I make Captain Rodney’s Dip?
It’s really very simple. First, you really need to allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. This makes combining it with the other ingredients easier. If you forget to set it on the counter, you can always microwave it on medium for a few seconds at a time until it’s room temperature.
Combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheese, and onions together. You can do this in a mixer, which is the easiest way, or by hand. Spread this mixture in a pie pan.
Next, crush butter crackers on top and cook for 15 minutes.
Finally, when it comes out of the oven sprinkled cooked, crumbled bacon on top and drizzle the glaze over everything. If you are using pepper jelly instead of Captain Rodney’s glaze, microwave the jelly and stir it so that you can spoon or drizzle it over the cream cheese mixture.
For the bacon, you can either cook the bacon and crumble it or you can use real bacon bits. I really like this brand the best.
While you’re here, check out these amazing recipes too!
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Captain Rodney's Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 whole green onions sliced thin
- ⅓ cup butter crackers crushed
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, or bacon bits
- ½ cup Boucan Pepper Glaze Captain Rodney's Boucan Pepper Glaze or pepper jelly
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. For easier mixing, allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheese, and green onions.
- Spread in an 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Top with crushed butter crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and top with cooked, crumbled bacon and Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze. Serve with sturdy crackers, tortilla chips, or Scoops.