I had this Pomegranate Margarita at Longhorn Steakhouse. I don’t know if it was the stress of the week, the stress of the holidays, or just Friday night unwinding, but it was one good Margarita!
Follow me on Instagram and keep up with my behind the blog posts.
The problem with margaritas is they’re so high in calories. I remember a time that I was the only one in the group that was concerned with calories. (I’ve always been concerned with calories!) Now, it seems everybody is conscious of calories or glutens or fat or sugar! It’s exhausting! Any-who…. I set out to create an awesome, low-calorie concoction that was just as delish and came up with this Skinny Pomegranate Margarita.
This is the libation I came up with. Pretty, right?! It’s Yum too!
Paula’s PicksVisit my Amazon Store.
A festive twist on a classic cocktail, this Skinny Pomegranate Margarita is sure to become your new favorite cocktail. This is a gorgeous, delicious, and refreshing drink recipe that doesn't have to be reserved for the holidays!
- 4 ounces cherry pomegrlow-caloriealorie drink mix
- 1 and 1/2 ounce Patron Orange Tequila
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime
- 1- ounce club soda for a little zing!
- lime and/or pomegranate arils for garnish, optional
- salt or sugar for rim for garnish, optional
- Make the Cherry Pomegranate: one pack usually makes 2 quarts or 64 oz of drink mix, for this cocktail make the drink mix using only 56 oz of water.
- Next, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour all ingredients: drink mix, tequila, lime juice, and club soda over ice and shake vigorously. Rub the lime around edge of glass then dip in salt or sugar. (I used sugar. It was a nice addition to the tang of the pomegranate.) You can fill the glass with ice and pour margarita over ice. I did not pour over ice because I didn't want it diluted!
- This makes a very pretty, deep red cocktail that's perfect for the holidays!
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This would be great served with Shrimp Quesadillas