Caramel Mudslide is a delicious tasting dessert or after-dinner cocktail. This coffee-flavored vodka drink tastes like a milkshake and can be made frozen or on the rocks.
Being a dessert lover, when I say this is as good as any dessert I’ve ever had, you should stop what you doing and make it immediately!
There are just 5 ingredients in the cocktail and it’s very simple to make! Because, really, who wants difficult-to-make cocktails!
All you do is rim the glass with caramel and salt or sugar, put the other three ingredients in a shaker, shake them, and pour them into the prepared glass. It’s just that easy and it’s a 9-ounce sipping cocktail so you won’t be playing bartender all night.
- *Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- caramel sauce (I like caramel for ice cream for this)
- salt (or sugar)
So, I’ve been confused forever about the difference between a Mudslide and a White Russian! White Russian’s are made with heavy cream and mudslides are made with Irish Cream. (Irish Cream is a cream-based liquor.)
*Make Bailey’s Irish Cream yourself!
HOW TO MAKE A CARAMEL MUDSLIDE
- If you want to rim the glass, you can dip it in caramel sauce then salt or sugar. This is totally optional. You can also drizzle caramel sauce in the glass and swirl it around.
- Add equal parts Irish cream, coffee liqueur, and vodka into a cocktail shaker. Next, add 1 tablespoon of prepared caramel sauce. Fill with ice. Cover and shake well.
- Fill your glass with ice and pour the mudslide over the ice. You can sprinkle with a pinch of salt or omit it and serve immediately.
It’s so good, y’all!
Now, I can tell you that men usually don’t like sweet cocktails, but serve this to them after dinner and they’ll be requesting more!
HOW TO MAKE IT FROZEN CARAMEL MUDSLIDE
If you want to make it frozen, simply add 1 cup of ice to a NutriBullet or blender. Then add 3 ounces each of Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua Coffee Liqueur, and Vodka. Add a spoonful of caramel and blend it like you do your morning smoothie. (You can easily double these ratios.)
As mentioned above, this is a great sipping and/or dessert cocktail. I like to serve one or two signature cocktails when I entertain. I figure everyone makes their favorite drink all the time. Make get-togethers more festive by serving drinks and cocktails that they wouldn’t typically make for themselves!
While you’re thinking about that, consider getting your friends together for a small, simple cocktail party. Cocktail parties are the easiest, most laid back, and budget-friendly ways to entertain. Here are some more tips for your cocktail party!
TIPS FOR ENTERTAINING
“The average cocktail party lasts 2 to 3 hours during which guests snack on a simple spread of food and imbibe on great cocktails while chatting with other guests.”
- If you’re new to entertaining, start with a small group.
- Make a menu of appetizers and a couple of signature cocktails.
- Be sure to have plenty of ingredients and ice on hand for your signature cocktails! No one wants to go to the store if you run out.
- Have twice as many glasses as guests.
- Have water and non-alcohol options to drink as well.
- When planning the food, choose recipes that can be made in advance.
- Make a great playlist.
MORE COCKTAILS YOU’LL LOVE
- Skinny Bailey’s Banana Smoothie
- Bailey’s Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Coffee Milkshake
- Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
APPETIZERS FOR A COCKTAIL PARTY
- Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites
- Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
- No-Fuss Bacon Tomato and Cheese Cups
- Brie and Onion Bites
- French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread
- Stuffed Mushrooms
MAKE A HUGE CHARCUTERIE BOARD
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
- 3 ounces Irish Cream
- 3 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1.5 to 3 ounces vodka depending on how strong you want it
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- ½ tablespoon raw sugar or sea salt
- Add caramel sauce to a small saucer and dip glass rim in it. Be sure not to miss any places.
- Add the salt or sugar to another small saucer and dip the glass rim in it after you dipped it in the caramel. Fill glasses half way with ice.
- Add ice to a shaker, then add Irish cream, coffee liqueur and vodka. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass and serve.