Add a boozy twist to a frosty favorite! Cool, creamy, rich, decadent, and totally delicious, Caramel Bourbon Milkshake is the perfect adult milkshake!
I want to kick off National Bourbon Month with a boozy milkshake.
Now, I’m not much of a bourbon drinker. I don’t like the heavy, caramel oaky flavor of it. I prefer lighter clear alcohol like gin, vodka, and tequila. But the rich bourbon mixes perfectly with ice cream and caramel in the milkshake giving it a nice depth of flavor.
I like milkshakes that you have to eat with a spoon. I want it creamy and thick, more like slightly melted ice cream than a thin milk. The ingredient amounts reflect this preference. If you like thinner milkshakes, add more bourbon or cream to your shake.
Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
- Get a good quality vanilla bean ice cream.
- That NutriBullet blender is not only great for smoothies, but it’s also perfect for milkshakes too. Don’t worry, a traditional blender will do the trick too.
- If I’m going to drink bourbon, it’s going to be a premium bourbon. My husband’s favorite is Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, and Buffalo Trace. I used Knob Creek for my Caramel Bourbon Milkshake.
- As well, fill free to add as much or as little bourbon as you like.
- Finally, you can make Homemade Whipped Cream or Cool Whip Brand for the garnish of your milkshake. Recipe below for Homemade Whipped Cream:
Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Place the 2 tablespoons sugar into the mixing bowl and add the 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Store any unused portion in an airtight container for up to 10 hours.
Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/2 ounce bourbon
- 2 ounces caramel sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- Homemade whipped cream or cool whip
- caramel sauce
- Chill a tall glass in the freezer.
- Mix the ice cream, heavy whipping cream, caramel sauce, bourbon and salt in a milkshake machine or blender.
- Pour mixture into chilled glass. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with a bit of caramel sauce and more salt if desired.
- Serve with a tall spoon and a straw.
You can also find great recipes here or at Meal Plan Monday
Hi, I should of said that the recipes directions are missing! So sorry about that… 🙂 And thanks for sharing this yummy sounding treat!
Thank you for telling me, I’ll get that corrected right now
Hi, This sounds really good, but the section where the recipe/ print button is has no recipe for this yummy sounding treat….. Thanks for your help! 🙂