BLT Dip is quick, easy, tasty, and the perfect starter to any meal. This creamy dip can be served hot or cold and is filled with bacon, tomatoes, and green onions.
This is always a favorite recipe when you’re entertaining!
One of the most popular sandwiches, the BLT is a classic. For good reason, who doesn’t love bacon, crunchy lettuce, and fresh juicy home-grown tomatoes?! I makes perfect sense to use these flavor combinations in more than just a sandwich. I love a creamy dip and BLT dip takes the great flavors of the sandwich and transforms into a creamy appetizer!
The creamy base is made with
- Mayo – I recommend Blue Plate or Duke’s mayonnaise.
- Cream cheese – I recommend block cream cheese. You can use either low-fat or regular for serving cold. However, I recommend regular if you plan to serve it hot. The cream cheese also needs to be at room temperature. It’s much easier to mix with the other ingredients at room temp. I recommend setting it out on the kitchen counter 1-2 hours before you plan on preparing your dip.
- Ranch seasoning – You can make it from scratch or purchase it here.
- Pepper jack cheese – You can substitute any cheese. I do enjoy the spice of pepper jack. As well, I recommend you shred it yourself instead of purchasing pre-shredded cheese.
The fresh topping ingredients are
- green onions
If you plan to serve this dip hot, you bake the base ingredients until hot and bubbly. Then allow it to cool a little and top with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and green onions. Additionally, lettuce is optional if you serve it hot. Lettuce will wilt if you add it to the dip when it’s too hot.
You can make this recipe 4 to 6 hours early.
As well, if serving cold refrigerate it after a couple of hours sitting out.
Serve BLT Dip with
- Ruffles potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
- Veggies like carrots or celery sticks
More dip recipes you’ll love!
I updated this post from an earlier version dated August 20, 2014. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- Beat mayonnaise, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread the ranch mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch dish and top with grated pepper jack cheese.
- *If serving hot. Cook in a 350°F oven until hot and the pepper jack is melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before adding the toppings
- Top the ranch mixture with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and sliced green onions.
- Serve with your choice of chips or crackers