Pesto Jalapeno Poppers, fresh jalapenos are filled with pesto pasta, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and feta. These poppers are great as an appetizer or side dish recipe
PESTO JALAPENO POPPERS
This is a unique jalapeno popper. Like bell peppers, you can stuff jalapeno with whatever floats your boat. Basically, I stuffed them with pesto pasta salad.
Additionally, I baked these peppers, but you can grill them.
HOW TO PURCHASE JALAPENOS
Jalapeno peppers will be in the product department of your grocery store, close to the bell peppers.
You’ll want to purchase ones that are green and firm. Therefore, avoid jalapenos that are mushy or wrinkled.
Jalapeno peppers get hotter as they get older. Therefore, if you’re looking for hot, spicy jalapenos, choose peppers with fine lines and just beginning to soften.
First, if you have sensitive skin, wear gloves when handling jalapenos. They can cause skin irritation.
Wash and allow the jalapenos to dry.
Next, split the jalapeno in half horizontally leaving part of the stem intact on by sides. (It helps to start with the stem end to do this.)
Finally, clean out the lighter/white membrane and remove the seeds.
MORE RECIPES WITH JALAPENOS
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Bacon Chicken Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapeno Pimento Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Candied Sweet Heat Pickled Jalapeno
- Spicy Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and Basil Sauce Pork Burgers
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread
- Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole
Pesto Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 whole jalapenos cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup pasta measure it uncooked
- ⅓ cup pesto prepared
- ½ cup mozzarella fresh, cubed
- ⅓ cup feta crumbled
- ½ cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prep the jalapenos. With gloves on wash, dry, and cut the jalapenos in half horizontally. Remove the membrane and seeds.
- Slice the tomatoes, cube the mozzarella, and crumble the feta.
- When the pasta is done drain it. Then mix the pasta, pesto, tomato, mozzarella, and feta.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into the hollow jalapeno halves and place on a baking pan or grill-safe pan.
- Preheat to 425°F, line your baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the filled jalapenos on the baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Place jalapenos on a grill pan or grill-safe pan. Grill on medium-low 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.