a unique flavor combination with salty bacon, hot jalapenos and creamy cheese.
Jalapeno and Cheese Grilled Chicken
This chicken is tender and juicy from the brine. Jalapenos add a nice spice to the grilled chicken while cheese adds a smooth and creamy component. Who doesn’t love bacon? Bacon adds extra flavor along with a smoky-ness. I think you’ll agree after one taste this chicken has every flavor component you could ask for!
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Bloglovin’
Brining makes this Jalapeno and Cheese Grilled Chicken really moist. It's a flavorful and textural explosion in your mouth!!
- 4 chicken breast butterflied and pounded thin
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- water for brining
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon paprika
- fresh or pickled jalapenos? we liked fresh, sliced thinly, best about 1/3 cup
- provolone cheese slices one for each chicken breast
- Place chicken in large bowl and cover with water. Add 1/4 cup salt and 1/4 cup sugar to 2 cups water. Brine for 4 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from brine and wash to remove some of the salt.
- Butterfly chicken then pound thin. Wrap bacon around chicken and secure with a toothpick. Season chicken and bacon with pepper, garlic, and paprika. Grill until meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 150 degrees. Add jalapenos then cheese and heat until cheese melts. Enjoy!
Recipe updated 6-28-14 to include rinsing the chicken after brining to remove some of the salt from the outside of the chicken. Even by rinsing the chicken the brine still results in a more tener, juicy chicken.I butterfly and pound the breast simply to make more uniform in thickness in order to cook more evenly.©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Encore: Chicken Sandwiches – Slice the chicken. Toasted French bread Layer with Jalapeno & Cheese Grilled Chicken and spread bread with Wowee Maui Sauce!! I like it cold but if you prefer a hot sandwich, wrap the chicken in foil and heat in 350 degree oven 10 minutes or until hot.
For great blogging resources and information, check here