Creamy Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes a decadent cream sauce, mixed with sweet tomatoes and tender spinach.
This simple pasta with fresh veggies is a quick, tasty weeknight meal taking less than 30 minutes to perfect. Everyone in the family will love the fresh veggie selection.
Easily add in chicken or sub other veggies into the recipe to make it your own.
This pasta recipe is creamy, light, and fresh. A super deliciously simple dinner or side dish that comes together in just 30 minutes.
CREAMY PASTA WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- Here are a few tips to make the best pasta. Salt the pasta water. This adds flavor to the pasta. Use one tablespoon of salt for every six cups of water.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to the package directions. The pasta will continue to cook a little after mixing with the hot cream sauce. To prevent soggy pasta, we cook it al dente.
- Save some cooked pasta water. Add back to the pasta to help loosen up the sauce, if needed, once tossed with the pasta. It also adds a bit of flavor.
- Add a protein like chicken or shrimp.
- Try Swiss chard or kale instead of spinach.
- Add more vegetables. Zucchini, asparagus, corn, and English peas are good.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Creamy Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Boil water and cook pasta according to directions. Save ½-1 cup of the pasta water for cream sauce.
- While pasta is cooking, heat up 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Once heated add mushrooms for 4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add red onion & grape tomatoes to mushrooms for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, once fragrant (about 2 minutes), add spinach and stir until wilted. Take off heat.
- In a separate saucepan, add ½ cup of pasta water, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. Combine over low-medium heat. Use more pasta water if you prefer to have a looser sauce.
- Combine drained pasta into the skillet with veggies, toss in the cream sauce.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Garnish and serve.