Hot Bacon Spinach Dip Recipe has a restaurant-style flavor and is ready in less than 30 minutes. Bacon adds smoky and salty flavor to this creamy appetizer. It’s the preferred game-day snack with my crew!
By the way, French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread is another popular dip recipe.
Everyone loves the cold spinach dip in a bread bowl that Knorr made popular. However, I feel like this version is even better. It’s an easy dip to throw together and I always have the ingredients on hand for those unexpected and last-minute parties! The bacon adds a much-needed punch. Bacon always makes everything better!
HOT BACON SPINACH DIP RECIPE
If you’re looking for a go-to dip, this is your recipe! I make this for tailgating and parties and there is never any left. The secret is the trifecta of creaminess from the sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
- Mayonnaise adds silkiness and great flavor.
- Sour cream adds a tang that you really can’t get from anything else, maybe buttermilk, but buttermilk in dip makes it too thin.
- Cream cheese is essential in any good dip. It adds richness and lusciousness.
Can I substitute the mozzarella?
Yes, absolutely. Any melty cheese will bring the dip together. Mozzarella is mild and will let the other flavors shine through. As well, cheddar is always a good choice for dips. This dip also works well with white cheddar, fontina, or provolone.
For the spinach in your Hot Bacon Spinach Dip
I really don’t recommend fresh spinach for dips. For frozen, make sure the spinach is thawed. Make sure you squeeze out any excess liquid so that your dip is watery.
What can I use for dippers?
I like to serve this dip with Scoops, sturdy crackers, or tortilla chips. Additionally, to keep it healthier you can use cucumber, radishes, carrots, and celery.
While you’re here, check out these dip recipes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated June 9, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Hot Bacon Spinach Dip Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain spinach and press between layers of paper towels, set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, red pepper, and thyme until smooth. Stir in feta, spinach, and mozzarella cheese until blended. Spoon into a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle bacon evenly over top. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Serve with butter crackers like Ritz brand, tortilla chips, or Frito style chips like Scoops.
- You can make this earlier in the day before your event and refrigerate then cook right before guests arrive.
- Serve with Scoops, sturdy crackers, or Tortilla chips