Perfect for parties and entertaining, Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe has the same great spicy flavors as Mexican Street Corn. This recipe is very versatile. It can be served as a dip hot or at room temperature, as a side dish, or in tacos or wraps.
This is the ideal dip to serve at your Cinco de Mayo, Fiesta, or football watching party. It’s full of flavor from green chilis, pimentos, green onions, paprika, and cumin. To bind it slightly and add additional flavor, I used just a touch of mayonnaise and sour cream.
Similar recipes you may like
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
I used frozen corn in my dip. Personally, I prefer frozen over canned corn, but you can use canned. Substitute fresh corn if it’s available to you. You will need to cook fresh corn, boil or roasted fresh corn is wonderful in this dip.
When using canned corn, you’ll need to drain it before mixing it with the other ingredients. As well, drain the pimentos.
If you don’t like cilantro, omit it from the recipe. If you like it a lot, add as much as you want.
I sprinkled crumbled Cotija cheese over the top. Cotija is a crumbly Mexican cheese. You can omit or use Feta or goat cheese.
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces frozen corn thawed and drained
- 4 ounces chopped pimentos drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies drained
- 2 whole green onions thinly sliced
- 1 whole jalapeno thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup Cotija Feta cheese can be substituted
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped or as much or little as you like
- Heat a 10 or 12-inch skillet to medium
- Add corn, green onions, and jalapeno to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Sprinkle Cotija cheese over top. Garnnish with cilantro. Serve warm or room temperature.
You can also find great recipes here or at Meal Plan Monday or Weekend Potluck.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Journa Liz Ramirez says
This is a new family go-to dip recipe! Mexican street corn dip is so satisfying and delicious. I’ll surely try this again!
This was such a hit at my football party last weekend. Thanks for the recipe.
Really great recipe! This mexican street corn dip tasted really flavorful! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious!
Does this have crumbled cheese of some sort? It appears so from the picture but is not listed in ingredients.
ohhh, thanks. I used 1/2 cup Cotija cheese crumbled over the top. I corrected the recipe.