Skillet Mexican Street Corn Recipe is corn off the cobb served Mexican style. It’s smothered with a creamy spread and topped with feta cheese, cilantro, and green onions.
This is one of the best corn side dishes you’ll eat.
I have loved Mexican Street Corn since trying it for the first time at my favorite local restaurant. As a result, I developed this recipe that is very similar. The restaurant serves Mexican Street Corn with shrimp tacos; I serve it with everything I can. It’s that good.
Surprisingly, I don’t usually eat corn on the cob or chicken wings when I’m at a restaurant. It’s the whole getting-something-caught-in-my-teeth-and-no-one-telling-me thing. Do you know what I mean? However, Mexican Street Corn is the one exception to that rule. I sacrifice my standards. It’s that good.
Beyond that, I really prefer corn off the cobb. For a few times, when I made Mexican Street Corn I made it on the cobb. Then I realized it was easier to make and easier to eat off the cobb. In fact, I buy frozen, steam-fresh microwave corn in a bag. As a result, this Skillet Mexican Street Corn Recipe can be ready in about 5 minutes.
As mentioned earlier, it goes with any Mexican themed dish. I like it with shrimp and fish taco, steak tacos, and enchiladas. Really, the possibilities are endless.
Most noteworthy, this recipe is economical to make and can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd.
Skillet Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- First of all, this is a very versatile recipe. You can use steam fresh frozen corn, canned, or fresh corn.
- Also, a bag of frozen steam fresh corn is my favorite since it can be heated quickly in the microwave.
- If you use fresh corn, you can either grill it, boil it, or cut it off the cobb, and cook it stovetop. Finally, top the corn with the wonderfully, tasty spread.
- In addition, to lighten up the fat and calories, you can use a margarine or lower fat butter spread and low-fat mayonnaise. I find with all the spices in the recipe, I don’t really miss the fat.
- 10- ounce bag steam fresh whole kernel corn*
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon real butter softened
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Heat corn in microwave according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, mix butter and mayonnaise until smooth.
Add paprika, salt, pepper, zest and juice of 1 lime, garlic powder to the butter/mayo mixture and mix until well combined.
Place corn in a serving dish and drop spoonfuls of butter mixture on top of corn.
Sprinkle cheese, cilantro, and green onions over butter.
*read narrative for tips using canned or fresh corn
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.