Convenient and easy my Walking Tacos are tasty as well, but the biggest pro of this recipe is that all the kids love them! Each portion is so easily customizable and each child can make their own, which makes this great for children’s parties!
I have people ask me all the time about blogging…
Do you cook all the time? It feels like I do!
What do you like most about blogging? That’s easy. Cooking. If I could have someone do everything else the cleaning, the shopping, the photographing, the editing, the writing, well, I like writing sometimes, I would give all that up and just develop recipes. Sometimes I like photography; sometimes I hate it. Likewise with all the other components of blogging, but I always love cooking.
I do love to cook.
Sometimes I cook recipes that take hours to make like Twix Bars Cinnamon Rolls and Amaretto Pound Cake. At other times I cook simple meals like these Walking Tacos or some people refer to them as Tacos in a Bag.
My boys love these Walking Tacos. I like them because we can each customize our bag with our favorite toppings. Lincoln likes just the meat and cheese. Big Daddy likes everything; the meat, chips, cheese, salsa, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, onions. His bag is full!
Another way to serve this would be to add chili and cheese. I used to love the Frito Chili Pie from Sonic. Did you ever have those? Serving it in a bag is just fun for the kids and food should be fun. This would also be fun to serve at a kids birthday party or sleepover!
First is the recipe for the Taco Seasoning. Of course, if you want, it’s perfectly okay to purchase the seasoning mix envelope. I have all the seasonings in my pantry so I find it just as easy to mix it really quickly!
Ok, now for the Walking Tacos (I just like to say that Walking Tacos, Walking Tacos…like, do you get the image of a taco actually walking too? Food commercials used to have characters like the Kool-Aid man, Mr. Peanut and the Pillsbury Doughboy. Can’t you just see Walking Taco representing Taco Bell?)
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Fish Tacos with Mango Avocado Relish
- Skinny Pomegranate Margarita
- Skinny Margarita
- Homemade Fried Chicken Tenders
- Southwest Chicken Wraps with Southwest Sauce
- Fish Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef*
- 1/4 cup diced onion optional, leave out if your kids don't like onion
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 snack sized bags corn chips
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup lettuce
- 3/4 cup tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat skillet or large saute pan to medium hi and brown meat.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the onion to the meat and saute a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add the taco seasoning and ½ cup of water and simmer until water is absorbed.
- Crush your chips with your hands and open your bag.
- Add meat then add whatever toppings you desire.
- Provide plastic forks to use.
- *You can also use ground chicken or turkey*
- *You can combine the meat and black beans and keep them warm in a slow cooker.