Southwest Chicken Wraps are full of nutrients and flavor. An easy recipe that starts with leftover chicken. Corn, black beans, lettuce, tomato and a special sauce round out this delicious meal.
I developed dishes that I call Encore Meals where I use the cook once, eat twice strategy. This is one of those meals. Basically, use leftover chicken for this recipe. It’s a great way to lessen your work, but still provide a healthy meal for your family. In fact, I always make extra chicken. There are so many ways to incorporate it into a completely new meal. Never make chicken without making extra!
My Southwestern Salad uses leftover chicken and has very similar flavors as this wrap. Also, Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad, Chicken Pot Pie Quesadilla, and Mojito Grilled Chicken Tacos all use leftover chicken.
Southwest Chicken Wraps with Southwest Sauce
For the chicken, you may use leftover boiled, broiled, baked, or grilled chicken. A rotisserie chicken from the deli works fabulously as well. I have also used leftover smoked turkey or sliced deli chicken and turkey. It is a very adaptable recipe.
Additionally, you may want to add avocado, sliced green onion, or cheddar cheese to your Southwest Chicken Wraps.
For the sauce, I simply mix taco seasoning mix with mayonnaise. It makes a really tasty punch to the wraps. You could also use ranch dressing.
Furthermore, two tablespoons of drained, canned Rotel tomatoes may be substituted for fresh tomatoes.
Southwest Chicken Wraps
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cut into chunks
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can shoepeg corn drained
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 cups lettuce your favorite kind or mix
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- *optional – avocado green onion, cheddar cheese
- Heat chicken, black beans, corn, and tortilla. I reheat them in the microwave.
- Mix taco seasoning and mayonnaise together.
- To build the wrap, place chicken, black beans, corn, lettuce and tomatoes in the center of a flour tortilla.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce down filling and roll into a wrap or eat taco style.
- Serves 4 people with 2 wraps each