Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is actually Pecan Pie without the crust. Instead, the filling is poured over delicious bread pudding and baked to perfection!
It’s Pecan Pie infused heaven!! I’ve been on a Pecan Pie theme lately. When I started this, I intended to make a Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding, but after I got everything out I started thinking about trying to make it taste like Pecan Pie instead.
Great decision! It was delish.
Bread pudding is one of my most favorite desserts to make. It’s a very simple and economical dessert to make. All bread puddings have basically the same format: dried bread and a custard sauce made from milk, eggs, and sugar. To this, you can add any additional ingredients to make the bread pudding your own. For Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, I added butter, brown sugar and pecans to give it the pecan pie element.
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is crispy and crunchy on the outside. It’s creamy and smooth on the inside making for one beautiful dessert. The dessert dreams are made of… just me?
butter, brown sugar, and pecans
milk, half and half, (heavy whipping cream or whole milk can be used)
salt, vanilla, sugar, eggs
pour milk mixture over bread and gently stir
With a fork, mix the butter, brown sugar, and pecans until crumbly and like wet sand
Ready for the oven
I lined a roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up in case it bubbled over
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- The thing about bread pudding is its a very economical dessert to make.
- It’s a great way to use leftover bread or if you don’t have old bread, purchase it off the sale rack at the grocery store at a reduced price.
- You can make a lot as easy as you can make a little and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.
Combining two classics into one dessert. Gooey pecan pie combined with bread pudding makes this dessert recipe amazing.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube bread then place in a large bowl.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into a greased 8x8 inch pan. (Yes, 8x8-inch pan.)
- Top with half of the pecan mixture.
- Spoon remaining bread mixture over and top with remaining pecan mixture. Press down into pan slightly. Pan will be really full.
- Top with remaining pecan mixture.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet with a 1-inch edge to catch any mixture that may boil over.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 45 to 55 minutes.
- The center will be slightly jiggly but will set when cool.
- Allow to cool 20 to 30 minutes before serving so that the slices will hold together.
- It is a thick bread pudding and I cut into 16 equal servings. Obviously, you can cut larger slices.