Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is actually Pecan Pie without the crust. Instead, the filling is poured over a delicious bread pudding and baked to perfection!
It’s Pecan Pie infused heaven!!I’ve been on a Pecan Pie theme lately. When I started this, I intended to make a Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding, but after I got everything out I started thinking about trying to make it taste like Pecan Pie instead.
Great decision! It was delish.
See also Pecan Pie Muffins
Bread pudding is one of my most favorite desserts to make. It’s very simple and economical dessert to make. All bread puddings have basically the same format: dried bread and a custard sauce made from milk, eggs and sugar. To this you can add any additional ingredients to make the bread pudding your own. For Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, I added butter, brown sugar and pecans to give it the pecan pie element.
The butter, brown sugar and pecans on top of my bread pudding are almost like a streusel. The cook together creating a ‘crunch’ and a caramel sauce.<
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding is crispy and crunchy on the outside. It’s creamy and smooth on the inside making for one beautiful dessert. The dessert dreams are made of… just me?
butter, brown sugar, and pecans
milk, half and half, (heavy whipping cream or whole milk can be used)
salt, vanilla, sugar, eggs
pour milk mixture over bread and gently stir
With a fork, mix the butter, brown sugar, and pecans until crumbly and like wet sand
Ready for the oven
I lined a roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up in case it bubbled over
Combining two classics into one dessert. Gooey pecan pie combined with bread pudding makes this dessert recipe amazing.
- 1 16 oz loaf of day-old French bread
- 2 and 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup half & half see notes You can substitute whole milk or heavy cream
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cube bread then place in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, milk, half & half, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour over the bread and allow to sit 5 to 10 minutes
- In another small bowl, combine with a fork, softened butter, brown sugar, and pecans. This mixture will have the consistency of wet sand.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into a greased 8x8 inch pan. (Yes, 8x8-inch pan.)
- Top with half of the pecan mixture.
- Spoon remaining bread mixture over and top with remaining pecan mixture. Press down into pan slightly. Pan will be really full.
- Top with remaining pecan mixture.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet with a 1-inch edge to catch any mixture that may boil over.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 45 to 55 minutes.
- The center will be slightly jiggly but will set when cool.
- Allow to cool 20 to 30 minutes before serving so that the slices will hold together.
- It is a thick bread pudding and I cut into 16 equal servings. Obviously, you can cut larger slices.
Half & Half is a mixture of heavy cream and whole milk. If Half & Half is not available in your area, you can substitute either whole milk or heavy cream. (Heavy cream may also be called Heavy Whipping Cream or Whipping Cream.)Original recipe by Paula Jones for CallMePMc.com all rights reserved.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, you may also like