Easy Strawberry Cake tastes and looks like a bakery cake, but is easier than from-scratch! It’s full of strawberries in the cake and the icing. This cake is ‘easy’ because it starts with a cake mix, but don’t worry unless you tell no one will ever know, it tastes like homemade.
- two 9-inches round or 9×9 inch square 28 to 31 minutes
- two 8-inch round or 8×8-inch square 30 to 33 minutes
- three 8-inch round 28 to 30 minutes
- 9×13-inch bake pan, cook 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Easy Strawberry Cake
- You can purchase two cake mixes. Use one complete 15.25 package plus measure 3 ounces out of the second cake mix. Likewise, if you have 16.50 or 16.35-ounce box of cake mix, make up the difference with another box of cake mix. Store the remaining for next time.
- OR: Use one 15.25 ounce cake mix PLUS add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
You may also enjoy my Pound Cake Series
Easy Strawberry Cake
- 18 -ounce white cake mix (use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box)
- 3 -ounce strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed or finely chopped (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup vegetable oil I always use canola
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 -ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar more if needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries mashed or chopped fine, drained
PLEASE READ POST ABOVE FOR MORE INFO
For the Cake
- Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into a 9x13 inch baking pan. For 9x13 pan bake 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on the box of cake mix.) Cool the cake layers 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack. Wait until the cake is completely cool before frosting.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Besat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup at a time to the cream cheese mixture. Add heavy whipping cream and strawberries and incorporate completely.
- For a more professional cake, remove the domes from the tops of the cake layers with a cake leveler or large serrated knife. Place one layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread about 1 cup of the frosting on top in an even layer. Repeat with the next layer of cake and frosting, then top the cake with the final layer of cake (if you have 3 layers). Frost the outside of the cake. An offset spatula makes it really easy to get an even layer.
- Cooking times for pan size two 9-inches round or 9x9 inch square 28 to 31 minutes two 8-inch round or 8x8-inch square 30 to 33 minutes three 8-inch round 28 to 30 minutes