- two 9-inches round or 9×9 inch square 28 to 31 minutes
- two 8-inch round or 8×8-inch square 30 to 33 minutes
- three 8-inch round 28 to 30 minutes
Easy Strawberry Cake
- You can purchase two cake mixes. Use one complete 15.25 package plus measure 3 ounces out of the second cake mix. Likewise, if you have 16.50 or 16.35-ounce box of cake mix, make up the difference with another box of cake mix. Store the remaining for next time.
- OR: Use one 15.25 ounce cake mix PLUS add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
Easy Strawberry Cake tastes and looks like a bakery cake, but is easier than from-scratch! It's full of fresh strawberries in the cake and the icing. This cake is 'easy' because it starts with a cake mix, but don't worry unless you tell noone will ever know!
- 18 -ounce white cake mix (use ingredients listed here NOT what is listed on the box)
- 3 -ounce strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed or finely chopped (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup vegetable oil I always use canola
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 8 -ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 5 to 6 cups confectioners' sugar more if needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream more if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries mashed or chopped fine, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray pans with non-stick spray. Place the cake mix, jello, strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Mix 3 minutes, stopping to scrap down sides of bowl a couple times. Divide the batter evenly among layer pans or pour into 9x13 inch pan. For 9x13 pan bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cook layers according to directions on box of cake mix.) Remove cake and cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift sugar and add one cup full at a time to cream mixture. Add cream and strawberries and incorporate completely. Pour over cake and smooth out covering entire cake layer.
Cooking times for pan size two 9-inches round or 9x9 inch square 28 to 31 minutes two 8-inch round or 8x8-inch square 30 to 33 minutes three 8-inch round 28 to 30 minutes
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.