Impress your family and friends with this Strawberry Cream Cake filled with fresh strawberries, cream cheese, and whipped cream. Tender butter cake is layered with fluffy whipped cream cheese, whipped cream, and juicy fresh strawberries.
I have always loved strawberries and had this strawberry cake for my birthday for years. I wanted to try something new this year and came up with this simple Strawberry Cream Cake. It’s an exceptional, yet simple vanilla sponge cake is made with pantry staples. It has a velvety, tender crumb and keeps well for 3 days!
You may also like these big beautiful cakes
Between the layers, sweetened and whipped cream cheese provides a nice foundation for sweetened fresh sliced strawberries. The cake is then frosted with homemade sweetened whipped cream. An easy substitution would be Cool Whip brand whipped cream.
It is the perfect, light tasting Spring dessert that I was going for.
Coincidently, since strawberries aren’t incorporated into the cake layers or icing itself, you can easily substitute any berry for the strawberries. Blueberries or raspberries would be wonderful. Or, maybe a mixture of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries would make a beautiful Independence Day dessert.
Because of the cream cheese and whipped cream, this cake needs to be refrigerated. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will be good for three days.
Soft and fluffy this chiffon sponge cake is layered with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It makes a light, bright, fresh tasting and show-stopping dessert!
Strawberry Cream Cake
Yield 12 slices
Soft and fluffy this chiffon sponge cake is layered with lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It makes a show stopper dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for strawberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon granulated sugar for whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, whipped until light and fluffy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 and 1/2 cup sugar together for one minute.
- Beat in egg whites one at a time.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Divide and spread evenly in three cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack then remove from pans and cool completely.
- While cake is baking, add 1/4 cup sugar to strawberries. Stir occasionally.
- Whip the 4 tablespoons granulated sugar and heavy whipping cream together until stiff peak stage.
- Spread the whipped cream cheese on the bottom cake layer and spoon about 1 cup of strawberries over cream cheese. Repeat with another cake layer.
- Top with last cake layer.
- Frost the entire cake with whipped cream.
- Serve with remaining strawberries.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Cuisine American, Southern