Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake is deliciously moist and flavorful.
My friends went nuts over this cake.
Sometimes, you just need a cake that will knock your socks off. This is that cake. It has a pound cake like texture with bursts of sweet, fresh strawberries in every bite.
I chose to top it lightly with a cream cheese glaze instead of frosting the entire cake. The cake has such a wonderful taste and texture, I didn’t want to hide it under a lot of sweet frosting.
I used butter and coconut oil in this cake. I love the flavor butter gives cakes, but I find coconut oil keeps them moist longer. Combining both gives me the best of both.
I also used Greek yogurt; it gives much the same flavor and texture to a cake that buttermilk or sour cream does. When you’re out of both (ahem) it makes for a great substitution. Greek yogurt, sour cream and buttermilk all give cakes a tender, soft texture.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 and 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1//2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce plain or vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 12 once fresh strawberries diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 ounce cream cheese room temperature and soft
- strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Sift together 2 and 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in lemon zest and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the yogurt, mixing until just incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup flour, then fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Whisk powdered sugar, heavy cream and cream cheese together until smooth. This glaze needs to be thin and pourable. Add more heavy cream if needed. Pour over warm cake.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula