This Easy Strawberry Bread is great for breakfast, after-school snack, or mid-morning snack with coffee! It’s sweet and irresistibly tender.
The recipe is super moist and takes minutes to mix together. It is a tasty indulgence.
I love all things strawberry. I’ve shared another Strawberry Bread recipe on callmepmc.com. This recipe is different and just as good. Just like it’s sister, Banana Bread, this bread is dense and moist. It’s good fresh and hot or cool. It’s good for breakfast, snack or dessert.
I had strawberries leftover from Strawberry Jam that needed to be used and not wanting
to clean a muffin tin muffins I opted for this buttery bread.
While you’re here, check out these recipes.
Easy Strawberry Bread
The recipe is quite simple. You simply cream the butter and sugar, add in the egg and milk. Next comes the strawberries. And the longest part of the process is baking.
I prefer to use fresh, bright red, ripe strawberries for this recipe. However, you may use frozen berries as well. The photographs depict frozen strawberries. Whichever strawberries you use, cut them into small pieces then coat them in one tablespoon flour. You can use all-purpose or self-rising flour to coat the berries. By doing this, it will help prevent the berries from falling to the bottom of the bread when it bakes.
A glaze of 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons water or milk would make a quick topping or my Strawberry Butter recipe is another alternative. There is nothing better than strawberry butter on hot this bread! All together now… Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups strawberries chopped and rolled in 1 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a standard loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix sugar and butter until light and creamy.
- Add egg then milk and add to sugar mixture. Mix until combined
- Add flour and mix.
- Toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon flour, then fold in strawberries batter.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees until brown. Test with a wooden pick inserted into center of bread.