This is out of the realm of what I usually blog about. Every time I change my email password on my Gmail account I get locked out and can’t remember how to change it. Then, I have to search online, search settings on my phone, ask Big Daddy or call the local cell phone store. Just ask Big Daddy, I hate having to call anyone…well, except him. I love calling him with something like, “Do you think fried green tomatoes would be good on a burger? But, don’t you think it also needs some kind of relish or other topping?” Then we launch in to a 15 minute burger condiment conversation.
I digress. So last time I was going to be so smart and write instructions down for myself on how to change the password on my cell phone. I was so smart, in fact, that I can’t remember where I put the instructions….somewhere with password protect, no doubt! So this is as much for me as it is for you, because you may actually already know how to change your password or don’t change your password, but trust, when you do need instructions you’ll be calling to thank me! Any who, here goes…
- Tap the Gmail icon on the bottom of your screen. In the pic above, it’s second from right with a 9 on it.
- On the bottom of your phone, very left will be an icon that looks like a piece of paper. It has two lines on it. Tap it.
- A pop-up window will appear. Tap More; it has a circle with a tri-angle in it.
- Tap Account Settings.
- Roll up until you find Incoming Settings (I know, SO RANDOM!) Tap it.
- Ta-da! Your user name will be pre-filled at the top. Second line will be password. Type in your new password.
- Tap next at bottom of screen.
- Refresh Gmail.
You’re good to go!!
UPDATE April 2014 for Android 4.0+ S4
- Open Gmail on your phone
- Tap the Bottom left (not on the screen)
- A tab comes up with – Refresh, Label settings, Settings, Send feedback, Help
- Click Help
- This takes you to the internet
- You have 5 options, click the last one “Settings and Troubleshooting”
- Another menu pops up, click “Change your password”
- Click accounts, google.com/editPasswd
- Type current password
- Type new password
- Tap “change password”
That’s all. Your password is now changed on your Android 4.0 device