Orange Marmalade Rolls a comforting cinnamon roll that’s full of orange marmalade and topped with a sweet glaze.
I saw similar recipes on Pinterest using different flavor fillings that gave me the idea for this sweet, breakfast roll.
I’m so accustomed to my basic cinnamon roll dough that I didn’t want to alter it much.
After all, I have had some flops with dough before. This is a good basic dough that works every time.
When working with yeast and breads, you do have to be patient, which I have a hard time with.
Just let the yeast do its’ thing, don’t rush it, clean the house, keep an eye on it and when it’s doubled in size
you’re good to go. Or, better yet, make it at night and it’ll be ready when you get up in the morning!
I loved the way they turned out. Creamy on the inside. Sweet glaze caressing the outside. I served
them with some crisp, salty bacon.
After the dough has doubled in size, you’re ready to roll it out and add the filling.
Roll the dough in a long rectangle about 15 inches by 9 or so inches. It doesn’t have to be exact.
When you get to the last 4 or 5 inches, instead of keep rolling (that’ll just squish the filling out) pull the
dough up to the top and pinch it to seal. This will keep all that yummy goodness inside, not only your counter!
Also, pinch the ends together so the dough doesn’t squish out the ends.
That’s a pan full of goodness!
Slice the rolls and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
You’ll need to allow them to rise again until the are fluffy.
Allow rolls to cool slightly, then pour glaze over and enjoy!
Sinfully Delicious Orange Rolls
- 2 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ½ c warm water (between 120 and 130 degrees)
- ½ c scaled milk (just before boils)
- ¼ c sugar
- 1/3 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 c all purpose flour
- ½ c butter, room temperature
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 3 T butter, soft
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 3 T milk
- ¼ c orange juice
- dash of salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 c flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture; mix. Add remaining flour and mix with a dough hook until smooth. Knead on a lightly floured surface 5 to 10 minutes. Place in a well greased bowl, covered and in a warm area. Allow to double in size. 2 ½ hours.
- When double in size, punch down dough. Roll out onto a floured surface. Roll into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread butter over dough Spread marmalade over butter. Cover with brown sugar. Beginning on the long side (15 inch) begin rolling, pinch dough to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Allow rolls to rise 45 to 60 minutes or until they almost double in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 2 8x8 inch pan or 8 inch round pan with non- stick spray.Place rolls close together in the pan. Let rise until dough has doubled. About 45 minutes. Bake 20 minutes or until browned.
- Mix butter, sugar, milk orange juice and salt together. Stir until smooth. Pour over warm rolls. Serve immediately
Looking for a quicker and easier breakfast idea?
Try my Cinnamon Rolls Cupcakes, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 30 minutes.
For an Orange flavor cupcake, substitute 1 T orange zest and brown sugar in the recipe.