A ridiculously easy breakfast sweet roll is yours in no time. No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls are fluffy, tender biscuit dough sweet rolls filled with blueberry jam and topped with a sweet glaze.
I’ve been craving blueberry sweet rolls, but this time of year fresh blueberries are crazy expensive where I live. I decided to use blueberry jam and I actually like it better than fresh berries. The jam was sweeter and really worked better in the rolls.
These quick sweet rolls have a biscuit-like texture and are made with no yeast. Therefore, you can have this breakfast on your table in 30 minutes.
No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Basically, you’ll make the biscuit dough. Next, spread the blueberry jam liberally over the dough. If you’re not a fan of blueberry jam, strawberry jam, peach preserves, blackberry jam, or fig preserves will also be wonderful.
It’s now time to roll the dough into a spiral and cut it into ten or twelve rolls. Place them in the pan and bake.
Bake the rolls for 23 to 25 minutes. Check the center roll for doneness. The center roll should be lightly browned, still soft, but not doughy.
If you want to frost them, mix the glaze ingredients in the last couple of minutes of cooking time. I like to pour the glaze out immediately after I take the rolls from the oven. If you glaze them when the rolls are hot, the glaze will run down into the crevices. However, if you wait until the rolls cool, the glaze will sit on top of the rolls and not really go into them. Frost them whichever way you prefer.
What you’ll need to make these sweet rolls
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Birthday Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls
- Scratch Made Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- 9 Spectacular Biscuit Recipes
- Quick Apricot Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, salted or unsalted
- 5 tablespoons blueberry jam
For the Dough
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter salted, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cup powdered sugar sifted then measured
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread 2 tablespoons butter in the bottom of a 9-inch pan.
- With a fork, mix ½ tablespoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter to the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the flour and mix together with a spoon until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead about 10 times working a little more flour into the dough until it's not sticky and the dough becomes smooth.
- Roll dough or pat the dough into an approximately 9x12 rectangle. The dough will be thin.
- Spread the cinnamon filling mixture over the top. Then spread the blueberry jam over the mixture and spread evenly.
- Starting with the long side of the dough, roll dough jelly-roll style to form a long tube. Pinch the edge to seal. Using a sharp knife, slice into 8 to 10 equal rolls.
- Place rolls in prepared 9-inch baking pan. Bake rolls 23 to 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- If you're making the icing, make it now while rolls are cooking. Spread the icing over warm rolls and serve hot.