5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls are full of ooey gooey, buttery caramel sauce, cinnamon, and that familiar pineapple upside down flavor.
Rich, buttery caramel and juicy pineapple top these 5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls. Easy and delish, this may just be your new favorite treat!
If a cinnamon roll and a pineapple upside down cake had babies, this would be it. This sweet pastry roll is rich and decadent.
Is it breakfast? Is it dessert? I’m not sure, but it’s good and I’m pretty sure you’re going to be wanting to eat it all the time!
Anytime you mix brown sugar and butter and cook it, you’ll get a caramel sauce. The good thing about this one is you don’t have to stand over the stove stirring. This is a self-made sauce that bakes as the pastry bakes. When you flip over the cinnamon rolls onto a serving dish, the caramel sauce sinks down into each hole and hollow filling it with caramel goodness.
5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls
By using puff pastry, I cut the prep time down to minutes. Puff pastry is so good in many desserts. I, personally, don’t want to spend hours and hours making a puff pastry when the store bought ones are so perfect.
5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls has all the wonderful flavors of the traditional Pineapple Upside Down Cake but with the added flavor of cinnamon rolls. These rolls have a caramelized top layer, thanks to the butter and brown sugar. The cinnamon roll portion of this dessert is super moist, buttery, flaky and practically melts in your mouth!
Sweet pineapple and that cherry give almost a tropical flare. I’m totally hooked on this flavor combination.
- FOR ROLLS
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- flour or dusting about 1/4 cup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar divided
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- FOR TOPPING
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar 16 tablespoons
- 16 maraschino cherries drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained (16 tablespoons)
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon butter in bottom of 16 muffin cups.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top of butter.
- Press 1 cherry in center of brown sugar in each cup.
- Top with 1 tablespoon pineapple and compact slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a work surface that's been dusted with flour.
- Roll out slightly to smooth the folds.
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon together.
- Spread 1/2 brown sugar mixture evenly over puff pastry.
- Press down slightly.
- Roll pastry from long side.
- Cut into 8 even rolls.
- Place one roll on top of mixture in muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Invert rolls onto serving dish after five minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
More cinnamon rolls and sweet rolls you’re sure to love!