Snickers Bars Cinnamon Rolls, pillowy soft dough is full of buttery caramel, rich chocolate, and crunchy peanuts. These gourmet sweet rolls are pure decadence.
SNICKERS BARS CINNAMON ROLLS
This is the most decadent weekend breakfast!
The dough is totally from scratch but it’s quick-rise dough. The filling is a unique one consisting of caramel, chocolate, and peanuts. Another option would be to just chop Snickers candy bars and evenly distribute them over the dough.
Next, I drizzled chocolate generously over the top. Of course, if you also want to slather on cream cheese frosting, feel free!
I don’t have time to wait for the dough to rise then rise again. As well, I don’t have all day to make cinnamon rolls. As I mentioned above, this dough gets puffy without it being a lengthy process.
If you’ve never worked with yeast don’t be intimidated. Jump over and read this article Tips on Working with Yeast.
- As it turns out the liquid needs to be at the correct temperature. It has to be warm enough to activate the yeast but not so hot that it kills the yeast. (Read the instructions of your yeast to determine the correct temperature.)
- Next, purchase a good thermometer. This thermometer is good for meat, beverages, deep frying, candy making, baking, and grilling.
- Finally, yeast dough likes to be warm. (I do too.) A warm, draft-free place in your kitchen is in the microwave or the oven with the door closed.
You may like these recipes too
FILLINGS AND SUCH
- I use Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
- And, I used salted peanuts because salty/sweet food combinations are the best!
- For the caramel, I didn’t want a ‘soft’ caramel that would ooze out of the rolls as it heated in baking. I almost always have these Caramel Apple Wraps in the pantry for Outrageous Apples. If you cannot find these wraps at the store, sometimes they’re only available during Halloween/Fall. You can melt caramel candies with a small amount of milk and pour it over the crust.
MORE SWEET ROLLS TO LOVE
- Scratch Made Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- Quick Cinnamon Hawaiian Rolls
- Birthday Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze
- Quick Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- No Yeast Blueberry Sweet rolls
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Snickers Bars Cinnamon Rolls
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 and ½ cups hot water 100 to 110 degrees
- 4 to 4 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 Tablespoon powdered milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 8 caramel apple wraps
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 and ½ cups peanuts chopped, or 8 Snicker's candy bars, chopped
- ½ cup fudge topping for ice cream
- Combine yeast, water and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small mixing bowl. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Once yeast is foamy and almost doubled in size stir in the honey.
- While yeast is sitting, add 3 cups flour, powdered milk, salt and 1/2 cup sugar to a large mixing bowl. Once yeast is ready, add yeast and eggs to this flour mixture. Mix using the dough hook on your electric mixer on low until all ingredients are combined. Or mix with a wooden spoon by hand if you're super woman.
- Once this mixture is incorporated slowly add the remaining flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough pulls away from bowl and is no longer sticky. At this point you may want to remove from the bowl and knead by hand as it is very thick and puts a lot of strain on the mixer.
- Allow the dough to rest on a floured surface for 5 minutes. Turn the bowl you mixed it in upside-down over the dough.
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch pan or two 8 or 9 inch pans with non-stick spray.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle until 1/2 inch thick. Dough should measure about 16 inches by 12 inches.
- Layer the caramel sheets, chocolate chips and peanuts evenly over the dough
- **If you're using chopped Snickers bars, layer them evenly over the dough
- Start with the long side and roll, pinching the ends as you go so the filling doesn't fall out.
- With a serrated knife, slice the roll in half. Slice each half in half. Then half each of those pieces in half. You should have 12 rolls.
- Place rolls in prepared pans. Allow to sit about 5 minutes then place in pre-heated oven.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat fudge topping in microwave and drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.