Quick Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls recipe, tender buttermilk biscuit dough is filled with a buttery cinnamon sugar mixture in these no-yeast, no-wait breakfast treat!
We’ve spoken previously about my love of Cinnamon rolls. I have made Birthday Cake Cinnamon Rolls, Twix Cinnamon Rolls, Snicker Bars Cinnamon rolls, No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes, and Bacon Cinnamon Rolls! Whew!!! And that’s not all!! (Scroll through all of my cinnamon roll recipes here. )
I adore cinnamon rolls!
You may also like these
I’ve come up with a recipe that’s even faster than the quick-rise yeast 1-hour cinnamon rolls. Even though they don’t have yeast, these Quick Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls don’t taste like biscuits. They actually do taste like cinnamon rolls with a similar texture!
Furthermore, this recipe takes approximately 45 minutes from start to putting them in your mouth! Most of that time is baking time and even that is quick at 23 to 25 minutes!
Quick Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls Tips
- First, I recommend using real butter. Much like a pie crust, this dough will not be the same using margarine.
- I use this recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Finally, you may also want to try my Boy Scout Breakfast Sandwich.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRI
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used. Nutritional information does not include Cream Cheese Frosting in this recipe.
Quick Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls
For the filling
- 3/4 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
For the dough
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted, melted then cooled (You will use 2 tablespoons in the dough and 2 tablespoons before you add filling and roll.)
For the icing
- Cream cheese frosting link below
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
For the filling
- Combine all cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
For the dough
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the flour and mix together with a spoon until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead about 10 times working a little more flour into the dough until it's not sticky and the dough becomes smooth.
- Roll dough or pat the dough into an approximately 9x12 rectangle.
- Spread 2 tablespoon butter over dough then evenly sprinkle cinnamon filling mixture over the top. Press filling lightly into the dough.
- Starting with the long side of the dough, roll dough jelly-roll style to form a long tube. Pinch the edge to seal.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 8 equal rolls.
- Place rolls in prepared 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake rolls 23 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. If you're making the icing, make it now while rolls are cooking. Spread over warm rolls and serve immediately.