Iced Lemon Loaf Half Pound Cake Recipe. This simple half pound cake is flavored with lemon then smothered with a lusciously thick layer of lemon glaze. It’s buttery moist, rich, and tastes incredible. It’s the ultimate lemon pound cake recipe.
If you like the recipes in this blog, consider subscribing and getting all new posts by email.
Iced Lemon Loaf Half Pound Cake
I started my Pound Cake Series in 2015. Since then I’ve made a lot of pound cake recipes and shared them with you. I have been asked a lot about making the traditional size pound cake smaller. Therefore, I decided to give you a recipe that has already been scaled down for you.
Enter Lemon Loaf.
I’m thrilled with how this pound cake turned out. It’s light, deliciously moist, and zesty with a tender soft texture.
Iced Lemon Loaf Half Pound Cake Ingredients
Full recipe in the recipe card below
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon zest
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice and zest from 1 lemon
How to Store Leftover Cake
I recommend storing leftover Lemon Bundt Cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last anywhere from 3 to 4 days without drying out.
Can I Freeze Lemon Pound Cake?
Yes, it freezes nicely. Wrap it up tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and store it in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Always use real
butterin pound cake recipes unless the recipe specifically gives you a substitution
- Use good quality ingredients. Premium flour, butter, and vanilla especially. It really does make a difference in taste in all cakes.
- The standard in any recipe is to use Grade A Large eggs. If you use a smaller egg use this guide for substitutions.
- Check out this post of tips, Bake the Perfect Pound Cake, read it before making this or any pound cake.
- Additionally, you really need to calibrate your oven at least once a year. I wrote this easy-to-follow post, How to Calibrate your Oven, that you can use.
- Finally, I can’t stress this enough, every oven bakes differently. The type of pan you use also affects cooking time. The color of your pan, light versus dark, affects the cooking time. Therefore, the first time you make a new recipe, watch your cake carefully. Make notes, test, babysit it and write down exactly what you did and what pan you use.
Other Pound Cake Recipes to Make
- Butter Beer Pound Cake
- Coffee Cake Pound Cake
- Orange Creamsicle Pound Cake
- Sheet Pan Pound Cake
- Can I Bake a Pound Cake in a 9×13-inch Pan?
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER Pinterest board! Follow Call Me PMc on Pinterest.
ICED LEMON LOAF HALF POUND CAKE RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°. Grease or place parchment paper in one 8x4 bread pan.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice and
- vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add sour cream
- and melted butter. Mix until all wet ingredients are well combined.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add pour all wet ingredients into the well. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined (don’t over mix. Batter will be thick).
- Pour batter into the bread pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Wait 10 minutes and then remove the loaf from the pan and place it on the cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the glaze by adding icing sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a medium mixing bowl and whisking together until combined.
- Pour glaze evenly on top of the loaf.
- Allow it to set. Serve and enjoy!