Creamy Stuffed Chipotle Chicken,
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
CREAMY STUFFED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
The sauce is amazing. It is simple to make and very flavorful. You can adjust the spice level easily. Use two chipotle chilies if you like it spicy. You can either add more sour cream or use only one chipotle pepper to control the heat.
Use a cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe saute pan. In case you don’t have a saute pan that is safe to go in the oven, you’ll need to transfer the chicken and sauce to an oven-safe pan before putting it in the oven.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Chipotle chilies. These are smoky, spicy peppers that are the base for many Mexican sauces.
- Cream cheese. Block cream cheese. I don’t recommend light or fat-free.
- Tomatoes. Vine-ripe if you can find them.
- Sour cream. You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Salt and pepper.
- Garlic. Fresh or jarred, not garlic powder.
- Chicken. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
CREAMY STUFFED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN METHOD
- Boil and skin the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, water you boiled them in, along with the chili, garlic, onion, and sour cream to a blender.
- Mix until the sauce is completely smooth.
- If needed, pound the chicken to a uniform thickness.
- Spread about one tablespoon
cream cheeseon one side of the chicken and roll up.
- In a hot (oven safe) pan, sear the seam so that it stays rolled up.
- Cover the chicken with the sauce and bake in the oven.
I like to serve extra sauce spooned over rice. As well, you can serve it with pasta or quinoa.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Stove Top Cajun Butter Chicken Bites
- Copycat Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER Pinterest board!
Follow Call Me PMc on Pinterest
CREAMY STUFFED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1-2 medium chipotle chilies (Depending on how spicy you want it)
- 5 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 9 small tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons onion
- 5 medium chicken cutlets
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan boil the tomatoes for about 10 minutes until they are soft and their skin has torn.
- Carefully peel the skins off.
- Meanwhile, on your workspace, lay each chicken cutlet and spread it flat.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Spread it in the middle and roll up the cutlet.
- Repeat this step until all 5 are done.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over each one.
- Heat your cast iron skillet and add a bit of oil to it. Once it is hot, sauté the chicken until it is sealed on the outside.
- Repeat for each one.
- Going back to the sauce, place the boiled tomatoes and the water used to boil them into a blender. Add in the chili, garlic, onion, and sour cream. Mix until the sauce is completely smooth.
- Cover the chicken with the sauce and place in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- You can use two of the chipotle chilies if you like it spicy. If you don’t like it too hot, you can either add more sour cream to the sauce or use only one.
- If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet you can make this in an oven-safe saute pan.