Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich recipe is a big, bad breakfast sandwich with all your favorite breakfast foods in one convenient, hand-held package!
Created by my son on a Boy Scout campout, this sandwich is hearty and filling. Everything can be cooked by fire or on a grill when camping, or, naturally, on the stovetop when you’re home.
Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich is also kid-friendly to make. Of course, for really young children you’ll want to supervise. But, don’t let age fool you, children can cook and should be taught and allowed to cook. Supervise, teach, and stay close by until you’re confident in their abilities without you. It’s a great confidence booster for children. Bonus, you don’t have to cook as much for them.
You may also enjoy these recipes
Print a copy of the Boy Scout Campout Cookbook here.
Also, teach them to clean up after themselves. 😉
My son is a very picky eater. We learned when he was young and in cub scouts that he likes to cook and whatever he cooks he’ll eat. We encourage him to cook a lot.
Furthermore, any time is a good time for this hearty sandwich. Try it for dinner tonight!
Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
- We like to use thick Texas toast, but you can use regular loaf bread or even hamburger buns.
- As well, you may substitute sausage for the bacon.
- Dress your sandwich with your favorite cheese and either a fried or scrambled egg.
- Additionally, how about topping it with sliced avocado? That would add a nice creamy component.
- You can use oil to cook the hashbrowns in or you can use the fat that rendered from the bacon.
- My youngest son likes to pour about 1 tablespoon maple syrup on his sandwich. You may like this addition as well.
- Find my recommended Kitchen Essentials at my Amazon store.
Recipe: Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich is a big, bad breakfast sandwich with all your favorite breakfast foods in one convenient, hand-held package!
- 4 slices bread I used Texas toast
- 4 to 6 slices bacon cooked
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs optional
- avocado optional
- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter optional for toasting bread*
- 2 to 4 tablespoon oil optional for cooking hashbrowns*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup optional*You may use bacon grease instead of butter or oil.
- Cook bacon, reserve grease if you plan to cook toast, eggs and hashbrowns in it.
- On medium high heat, form hashbrowns into the size of your bread. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned and cook through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Toast bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Cook egg to your liking.
- Build your sandwich. Layer hashbrowns, bacon, and egg on toast and top with another slice of bread.
- Add any additional toppings you prefer. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.