CREAM CHEESE PUFF PASTRY BREADSTICKS
These breadsticks are sweet but not too sweet. They’re filled with blueberry
They are great for breakfast, snack, or with your morning coffee.
WHAT IS PUFF PASTRY?
Puff pastry is a flaky, buttery, dough. It’s made with alternating layers of dough and
Puff pastry is such a convenient and versatile product. You can use it for both sweet and savory recipes.
CREAM CHEESE PUFF PASTRY BREADSTICKS INGREDIENTS
- Puff Pastry. Puff pastry typically comes in a box that contains two sheets of puff pastry. As well, at the store, it’s in the freezer close to the frozen pie crusts.
Cream Cheese. I used Philadephia Blueberry Cream Cheese. It comes in a tub and is already flavored with blueberries. You can use plain cream cheeseand add extra blueberries. For this recipe, the cream cheesedoesn’t need to be at room temperature.
- Blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen berries. Furthermore, if you use frozen, they don’t have to be thawed for this recipe.
- Almonds. I like to chop them small-ish. As well, any kind of nut will work, try pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts.
- Ground Cayenne Pepper. Totally optional, but I like the ever-so-slight heat this added.
- Honey. In my opinion, honey is not an option in this recipe. It adds so much flavor. I like to drizzle the honey over the breadsticks while they’re still hot. Doing it this way allows the honey to ooze into every nook and cranny.
MORE RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Almond Puff Pastry Danish
- Caramelized Sweet Onion with Blue Cheese
- 3 Ingredient Blueberry Puff Pastry Cobbler
- 5 Ingredient Puff Pastry Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls
- Bacon Cheddar Croissant Turnovers
- Pesto Squash Tart
- Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle
- Panera Bread 4 Cheese Souffle Recipe
Finally, keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE PUFF PASTRY BREADSTICKS
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 4 ounces blueberry cream cheese or 4 oz cream cheese + ½ c blueberries
- ¼ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon almonds chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper on the counter or cutting board (you'll cut it later so be sure you're on a surface you can cut on.).
- Using a rolling pin that has been floured lightly roll the pastry out so that the fold lines aren't visible and the pastry is about 1-inch larger all the way around.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of cream cheese randomly over the surface of half of the pastry.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds and fresh blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Take the side of the pastry without the filling and fold it over the cream cheese/nut filling. Press down lightly.
- With a sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut even strips (about 1-inch wide). Try not to slice through the waxed paper underneath.
- Twist each pastry sheet 3 or 4 times.
- Pick up the waxed or parchment paper with the pastry on it and carefully transfer it to your baking sheet. (It's better if your baking pan has an edge in case of any spills.)
- Once on the baking sheet, spread the breadsticks apart slightly.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately drizzle the honey over the breadsticks when you remove them from the oven. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately. They're best served hot/warm.