I’ve found your new favorite breakfast, Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle Recipe. Start the day off right with savory baked eggs and cheese in a flaky crust!
These little gourmet make the perfect signature item at your brunch soiree!
We don’t have a Panera Bread in the town that I live in. I tried their Ham and Swiss Souffle just a couple of years ago. Prior to that, I would always get something sweet for breakfast when we visited one. I have been obsessed with this omelet-type breakfast since the very first bite that I had.
PANERA BREAD HAM AND SWISS SOUFFLE RECIPE
I have literally been wanting to duplicate the recipe for a year now. But, I kept thinking it was going to be complex and time-consuming and just never got down to the nitty-gritty of planning the recipe.
Oh my…. I am so glad I finally did. Let me make one thing clear, this is not a hard or difficult recipe to make. In fact, it comes together really quickly just as easy as biscuits, pancakes, waffles, or any other breakfast to make!
I started with puff pastry, because who really ever wants to make puff pastry from scratch? In a pinch, you could use crescent rolls, but they won’t be as flaky.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Cream Cheese Sausage Rotel Dip Quiche
- Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole
- Bacon Havarti Quiche Recipe
- On-the-go Breakfasts
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup Swiss shredded, you can also use Monterey, Colby, Havarti, or Manchego cheese
- ¼ cup Romano cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 6 slices deli ham
- 2 - 3 dashes hot sauce optional
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
- Next, whisk in the milk and cook until it has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal squares. Press each square into your ramekin or tart pan. Press it down in the bottom and up the sides really good and divide ham between the ramekins.
- Divide the egg mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake until they are puffed up and golden brown. It should take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
You can also find great recipes at my recipe index