I’ve found your new favorite breakfast, Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle Recipe. Start the day off right with savory baked eggs and cheese in a flaky crust!
These little gourmet make the perfect signature item at your brunch soiree!
We don’t have a Panera Bread in the town that I live in. I tried their Ham and Swiss Souffle just a couple of years ago. Prior to that, I would always get something sweet for breakfast when we visited one. I have been obsessed with this omelet-type breakfast since the very first bite that I had.
PANERA BREAD HAM AND SWISS SOUFFLE RECIPE
I have literally been wanting to duplicate the recipe for a year now. But, I kept thinking it was going to be complex and time-consuming and just never got down to the nitty-gritty of planning the recipe.
Oh my…. I am so glad I finally did. Let me make one thing clear, this is not a hard or difficult recipe to make. In fact, it comes together really quickly just as easy as biscuits, pancakes, waffles, or any other breakfast to make!
I started with puff pastry, because who really ever wants to make puff pastry from scratch? In a pinch, you could use crescent rolls, but they won’t be as flaky.
Ingredients you’ll need
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- Butter, salted or unsalted
- All-purpose flour
- Whole milk
- Salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Large eggs at room temperature
- Swiss cheese, shredded, you can also use Monterey, Colby, Havarti, or Manchego cheese
- Romano cheese shredded
- Garlic, granulated
- Deli ham
- Hot sauce, optional
- Puff pastry, thawed
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Cream Cheese Sausage Rotel Dip Quiche
- Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole
- Bacon Havarti Quiche Recipe
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Limited time offer: Panera Unlimited Sip Club! Enjoy endless self-serve drinks for 2 MONTHS FREE when you join the Unlimited Sip Club for FREE!
Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup Swiss shredded, you can also use Monterey, Colby, Havarti, or Manchego cheese
- ¼ cup Romano cheese shredded
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 6 slices deli ham
- 2 – 3 dashes hot sauce optional
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
- Next, whisk in the milk and cook until it has thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cooled milk sauce, cheese, garlic, and hot sauce until well combined.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and cut into 6 equal squares. Press each square into your ramekin or tart pan. Press it down in the bottom and up the sides really good and divide ham between the ramekins.
- Divide the egg mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake until they are puffed up and golden brown. It should take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.