Bacon Cheddar Croissant Turnovers, a simple recipe perfect for entertaining. Fill puff pastry with smokey bacon and creamy cheese and bake until golden.
Wesley had his yearly conference recently and was out-of-town for five days. I always take this opportunity to not eat, not cook and not clean! This year I, also, caught up on three seasons of Suits! It’s such an awesome show, do you watch it? I’m certain I could litigate and close a deal now.
I also take this time to not grocery shop, which leads to cleaning out the pantry and fridge. This can be good and bad. The bad is that we have odd meal combinations. The good is we had these Bacon Cheddar Croissant Turnovers!
These bad boys are everything you want in a breakfast, snack or appetizer. I plan on taking plenty of these to The Grove when we tailgate in a few weeks!
They’re also super easy to make, which is a big plus any time. Am I right?
I start with puff pastry. You’ll simply fill this puff pastry with bacon and cheese, bake it and enjoy it!
Bacon Cheddar Croissant Turnovers
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 package puff pastry
- 9 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into 3 inch slices
- *3 tablespoons dijon mustard - optional ingredient if you don't like mustard leave it out. They're great with or without mustard!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll the 2 sheets of puff pastry and flatten slightly.
- Cut each sheet into 9 squares, use the lines where it was folded to start. This makes it much easier to get it even.
- Place 1 tablespoon chopped bacon in center of each puff pastry square.
- Top bacon with cheese slice and 1 teaspoon mustard (if you choose to use the mustard)
- Fold pastry over to form a triangle.
- Crimp the edges with a fork to seal the pastry.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper on a sheet tray.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.