Caramel Coconut Cream Bread Pudding is rich and dense with a velvety smooth interior, crisp top and smothered in caramel.
I don’t procrastinate when it comes to most things, but I do when it comes to getting groceries. Even with the procrastination, I go to the store at least 3 times a week. After not going to the store a few days and running out of almost everything in the pantry, I finally broke down and went. I have to become resourceful when I don’t want to trek to the grocery store. And, I come up with great substitutions!
Caramel Coconut Cream Bread Pudding
I’ve learned to make substitutions in recipes because I want to put off shopping for another day. First, I discovered you can substitute almond milk for milk in most recipes. Then I discovered you can substitute coffee creamer in recipes. I know right? How cool is that?!
I substituted Caramel & Coconut flavor coffee cream and made a Caramel Coconut Cream Bread Pudding! This bread pudding is dense and moist. A wonderful caramel coconut flavor is evident throughout. The top of this bread pudding is golden brown and crispy while the inside is buttery, soft and melts in your mouth!
Do you want to know what I did next to make it even better? I sprinkled flaked coconut and chopped pecans on top and drizzled a waterfall of caramel sauce over it all!
In addition to using coffee creamer instead of milk in my bread pudding recipe, I want to share more cooking hacks with you.
2. You can also use a cookie cutter for a fun pancake design. Using the method above, squeeze the batter 1/4 inch thick into the center of a cookie cutter. You’ll want to spray the inside of the cookie cutter with non-stick spray first. Let the batter cook until brown and firm, remove the cookie cutter and flip the pancake. Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown.
3. What happens when you’re cooking and you realize the cream cheese or
4. Did you also forget to set the eggs out to come to room temperature? Add 1 and 1/2 cup water to a bowl. Heat the water in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and place eggs in water. Allow the eggs to set in the water for 5 minutes. Booyah! Room temperature eggs!
Caramel Coconut Cream Bread Pudding
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounce french bread loaf cut into 1 inch cubes (will be about 8 cups)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Nestle® Coffee-mate® Creamer Caramel & Coconut flavor
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F
- Dry bread cubes in oven on a sheet tray for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit for bread pudding.
- Beat cream cheese at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Sir in 2 cups Nestle® Coffee-mate® Creamer Caramel & Coconut flavor and sweetened condensed milk.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook 35 minutes
- Combine 3 tablespoon butter, coconut and pecans. Spread over bread pudding and place back in oven another 5 to 10 minutes until bread pudding is set and firm in the center and lightly browned on top.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- To serve, pour entire cake or over individual servings.