Grilled Chicken Quarters, juicy and moist every time, this chicken is great for dinner, entertainment, and game day!
We spend a lot of time grilling. We grill all year but especially in the warmer weather. We also spend a lot of time tailgating. For all these reasons, when Volk Enterprises asked me to test their Cook’d Right™ Sensor, I knew it was a good match.
The Cook’d Right™ Sensor provides a quick and accurate way to test when meats, poultry, and seafood are cooked to perfection. Using patented thermochromic technology, the Cook’d Right™ Sensor produces a vivid color change at the tip that indicates when a food item has reached a specific predetermined temperature.
How to Use
Simply insert the Cook’d Right™ Sensor into the thickest portion of the meat and wait 5 to 10 seconds. A color change at the tip of the sensor means the product is done. Unlike conventional food thermometers that may lose their accuracy over time, the Cook’d Right™ Sensor is preset for a specific temperature and will not lose calibration.
Sensor Types Available
The Cook’d Right™ Sensor is available in two different styles. The single use style sensor is designed to be used one time and can be easily disposed of after use which makes these perfect for tailgate grilling! The multiple use style sensor is designed be used up to 24 times, before disposal.
Chicken is one of my most favorite proteins. It’s also the reason we have it a couple of times a week. Chicken is probably also the hardest meat to grill. People get so freaked out about not having raw chicken that they over cook it. Over-cooking leads to dry, rubbery and tasteless chicken. Using my recipe and these cool testers, you won’t have to worry about that.
Don’t forget to top your grilled chicken with my mouth-watering White Barbecue Sauce!
Get White Barbecue Sauce Recipe. What’s your favorite food for game day or tailgating?
Grilled Chicken Quarters | Tailgating Giveaway
- 2 to 4 chicken quarters
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat grill to 400°F. This may take up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, allow the chicken to come to room temperature.
- Rub chicken with olive oil, black pepper, garlic, onion salt, and cumin.
- Grill for 25 to 35 minutes turning once during the cooking time.
- Move chicken to cool part of grill and brush with White Barbecue Sauce on the chicken during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cook until thickest part reaches 165°F or when the color turns red on your Cook’d Right™ Sensor
- Allow chicken to cool 10 minutes before cutting.