Homemade Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce is a sweet and spicy homemade tangy bbq sauce.
I’m just going to go on and say it…if you’re not putting this on everything you eat, you are just not living!
Like, seriously! My Homemade Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce is that good! Lincoln and I made a big batch of the BBQ Sauce for holiday gifts. It’s so easy just throw everything in the slow cooker and let time and the slow cooker do all the work.
Do you barbecue? Do you bbq just during the Summer or all year? We barbecue, grill, smoke, whatever term you use for it, all year. It’s one of the activities all four of us get involved in. A lot of our friends grill all year as well. I had a ‘light bulb’ moment and thought about making this Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce as gifts. It was kind of a win-win for me. I got to spend time with Lincoln and we made homemade gifts for friends!
So. If you decide to make the BBQ Sauce and decide you like it so much you can’t give it away, that’s totally find too! Enjoy and consider it my gift to you! 🙂
The longer you let it simmer the thicker the sauce will get. I like a thick bbq sauce.
Homemade Slow Cooker Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider*
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Cavenders Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Heat to 200 degrees F. Cook 4 hours. If sauce isn't desired consistancy remove lid and cook 1 to 2 hours longer. Stir occastional with a whisk. Bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- *For a completely smooth sauce, puree in a blender until smooth. I have left it chunky and I have pureed. It's good both ways. When I pureed the sauce, I did so before cooking it.