Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce is a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce made richer and more complex with bourbon. Bourbon gives this barbecue sauce a depth of flavor that compliments pork and other smoked meats.
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe
I’m always a fan of cooking from scratch. Sure I take shortcuts, but some recipes like this Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe is quick and easy. And, the homemade sauce just tastes amazing! Another bonus, when you make sauces, or anything, from scratch you know exactly what goes in it. I can guarantee there are fewer preservatives in this than the store-bought bbq sauce!
Spiking your barbecue sauce with bourbon whiskey really brings out the smokey flavor of whatever you put it on. Try it on your sandwich, ribs, smoked pork shoulder, grilled chicken, or slathered on your burger!
Since I’m a big fan of the smokey, sweet, zesty, addition of barbecue sauce on foods, I’ve shared several barbecue sauce recipes with you. You can get them all here. (Click the round photo for recipe.)
Other ways to use barbecue sauce
- First of all, barbecue makes a great sauce for pizza instead of the traditional tomato sauce. Try barbecue sauce, grilled and chopped chicken, red onions and cheddar on your next pizza.
- Did you know barbecue sauce makes a great salad dressing? Mix approximately 1/2 cup mayo with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand), 1 tablespoon diced sweet pickles, and salt and pepper to taste. It’s so simple and so yummy!
- Use barbecue sauce instead of ketchup to glaze your meatloaf! Here’s my Sweet Tangy Meatloaf, simply replace the ketchup with bbq sauce in the recipe!
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Run the sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- Store unused portions in the refrigerator up to 1 week.