Coincidently, you can use this meatloaf recipe to make one regular size meatloaf, individual meatloaves, or meatballs. I use the same mixture for all three.
If you’re in a hurry, most definitely try individual meatloaves or meatballs since they cook much faster!
This is a good recipe for weeknight dinners. It comes together quickly; you may even consider mixing it together in the morning then simply baking it for dinner.
Additionally, leftover meatloaf makes a great sandwich! Simply reheat a slice of meatloaf in a hot skillet with a little oil so it won’t stick. Then, you can serve it on a hamburger bun and dress it as I would a burger. Yum!
hoagie roll, toasted
meatloaf, sliced thick
onion, sliced thin
mustard, mayo, ketchup
Toast roll. Heat skillet and brown slice of meatloaf on both sides until browned and heated through. Prepare roll with condiments as if making a hamburger. Enjoy!
Tips: Sweet and Tangy Meat Loaf
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Mix ground chuck, tomato, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, egg, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl.
- Place in a loaf pan and refrigerate at least an hour to set.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake meatloaf without the topping 35 to 45 minutes.
- Mix topping ingredients, the brown sugar and ketchup, and set aside.
- After 35 to 45 minutes add topping and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Slice and serve
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.