An all-time classic and easy-to-make this Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe is sure to get rave reviews from your family. It cooks quickly for busy week night meals.
After trying this for the first time, Lincoln exclaimed, “This tastes like hamburger!”
I couldn’t help but giggle. He loves a grilled hamburger, if he helps make it. The gravy on this Hamburger Steak was almost more than he could handle, but he did eat most of it. We struggle with his eating, but he is getting better.
Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe
One of my all-time favorite entrees, especially when I was young, was a Hamburger Steak. As I got older and my tastes developed more I started making a Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe. I remember going to a local restaurant that was known for their high quality steaks. I got a hamburger steak. Everyone in my party gave me strange looks. But the gravy! You can’t get good brown gravy with a grilled ribeye!
Now days, I don’t order something at a restaurant that I make at home. And when it’s economical to make, when it’s quick to make and when the whole family eats it, I’ll be making at home that’s for sure!
Hamburger Steak Onions Brown Gravy Recipe – you’ve got to make this!
Thanks for reading CallMePMc.com! To stay current on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin’
or follow me on email…
- 1 and 1/2 pound hamburger meat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 and 1/2 cup beef broth
- Combine ground beef, garlic salt and pepper.
- Divide meat into 6 even portions and form into steaks
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat 6 minutes per side.
- Remove patties, add onions and cook 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually add Worcestershire and broth; stir until smooth.
- Reduce to half about 15 minutes.
- Add patties back into the pan and heat through.
Recipe from CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Everyone loves this White Barbecue Sauce
Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe from callmepmc.com an easy weeknight dinner recipe