Each bite of these Twice Baked Pimento Cheese Potatoes is blow-your-mind-good, perfectly portioned, and easy to make. A new family favorite, this side dish was gobbled up in minutes!
It’s no secret. I love pimento cheese. I have many recipes for pimento cheese. Actually, I’ve never had pimento cheese I didn’t like! I made Pimento Cheese Soup, Pimento Cheese Spread for burgers, grilled jalapeno pimento cheese with bacon, The Masters Pimento Cheese sandwiches, and more.
Twice Baked Pimento Cheese Potatoes are a different stuffed potato translation of a forever steak night favorite. This is a great way to add unexpected flavor to an already great recipe.
Twice Baked Pimento Cheese Potatoes
- Make the Pimento Cheese spread up to 3 days ahead and store in refrigerator.
- Bake and hull the russet potatoes earlier in the day. As well, mix the potatoes that is scooped out with the pimento cheese, refill the potatoes hulls and refrigerate all until you’re ready to bake. *You will need to allow 10 to 15 minutes longer cook time if the potatoes are cold.
- PIMENTO CHEESE
- 4- ounce jar pimentos undrained
- 1 jalapeno or 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos diced
- 8- ounce cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt taste first to see if salt is needed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- TWICE BAKED POTATOES
- 4 russet potatoes washed and dried
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup pimento cheese mixture
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- *garnish with chopped cilantro if desired
In a large bowl, mix pimentos, jalapeno, cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt (if needed), and pepper.
Refrigerate if making it ahead of time.
TWICE BAKED POTATOES
Wrap potatoes in foil and bake potatoes at 425 for 45 to 50 minutes or until soft and tender when squeezed.*
Remove from oven and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
Scoop pulp out to 1/2 inch of skin.
Place potato skins on baking sheet.
Mix potato pulp, pimento cheese, salt, pepper sour cream, and butter together.
Spoon mixture into potato skins. (*up to this point can be made ahead and refrigerated.)
Bake potatoes at 400 until hot and melted about 20 to 25 minutes.
Faster method: You can microwave the potatoes and they will taste just as good. Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork, then wrap each potato with plastic wrap. Microwave 4 to 5 minutes per potato. Check for tenderness. If you are cooking 4 potatoes in the microwave you will need to cook them for at least 10 to 12 minutes. Proceed with directions for filling. Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Also see Pimento Cheese Scalloped Potatoes