Jalapeno Pimento Cheese is spicy and full of flavor! An easy pimento cheese recipe, this Jalapeno Pimento Cheese is very versatile. Serve it as a spread on a sandwich. Serve it as a hot or cold dip. It’s always a crowd-pleaser!
Well, Hello Summer!!
What took you so long!
Don’t you just love Summer? But, I never got the ‘lazy’ days of Summer thing, ours are any but lazy! But, whatev…be lazy if you can!
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
Classic, creamy & simple, my version of this snacking-staple is full of flavor with sweet pimento and spicy jalapeño!
I love pimento cheese almost as much as I love macaroni and cheese. The last thing I want to do during the hottest days of summer is cook something hot. Lucky, for me (and you) I kicked up some pimento cheese and added jalapenos to it.
- I used two different types of cheese in my recipe. You can use one or your favorite. I like gouda and Monterrey jack in pimento cheese as well.
- If the jalapeno doesn’t add enough kick for you, add a dash of cayenne pepper.
- This is a great addition to my Southern Inspired Charcuterie Board.
- Olive oil mayonnaise is a great alternative if you’re trying to lighten up this recipe.
This Jalapeno Pimento Cheese would be great on a cold sandwich or with crackers. Try it also as a spread on your cheese tray. Additionally, it makes a tasty addition to a hot grilled cheese sandwich or as a hot dip where the cheese gets ooey and gooey and delicious!
Pimento Cheese is a staple at our tailgate as well. It is so simple to make and a crowd-pleaser that we just cannot have game day with out it. Click here for more tailgating recipes.
How would you eat pimento cheese spread?
What are some of your favorite Summer recipes?
Classic, creamy & simple, my version of this snacking-staple is loaded with spicy jalapeño!
- 8 ounces Colby cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 - 4 ounce jar pimento
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise I only use Blue Plate
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt to taste
- Drain pimento, reserving liquid. In a large bowl, combine cheeses, pimento, jalapeno, mayonnaise, mustard, salt (pinch) and 1 T pimento liquid. Mix together until completely combined. Taste and add more salt and mayonnaise if necessary.