Famous Potato Salad is a classic. It’s creamy and smooth and always a favorite. This recipe is a delectable side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken or roast beef. It’s a perfect summer potluck take-along!
Famous Potato Salad
Everyone who has ever tried this Potato Salad gives it rave reviews. You won’t believe how simple this ingredient list is or the ingredient that makes it so creamy! Unlike most potato salads that have cubes or chunks of potatoes, this potato salad is smooth and creamy. It has a consistency much like mashed potatoes.
This potato salad is legendary in Tupelo. I have friends from out of town who insist on eating at this little unassuming restaurant (that many other out-of-towners by-pass) just to eat the Potato Salad.
It’s that good!
This recipe can be prepared the night before and will be ready to go for your party, bbq, or potluck!
Process bell pepper fine in a food processor and saute’ lightly.
Boil five pounds of red potatoes with skin on.
Saute’ onions until soft.
Process pimento and saute’
Peel potatoes. Combine vegetables, salt, and pepper with a spoon, not a mixer.
Famous Potato Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped fine in food processor
- 1 medium onion chopped fine in food processor then let stand in mesh strainer to allow liquid to drain out
- 4 ounces pimentos not drained, chopped fine in food processor
- ¾ quart Blue Plate Brand Mayonnaise*
- 7 teaspoons yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 5 lbs red potatoes, do not peel. After cooking, peel potatoes under cool running water then mash.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and pimentos to a non-stick saute pan and cook until soft.
- Add the softened vegetables to the potatoes along with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Mix with a spoon, not a mixer, until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.