Best BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe has chicken, barbecue sauce, mozzarella cheese, and the best ingredient of all, jalapenos!!! It’s a winner and regularly requested from my family!
Pizza tastes better from scratch and my Best BBQ Chicken Pizza is no exception. With fresh and homemade ingredients, this pizza is full of flavor but isn’t time-consuming to make. Busy moms know how important this is!
Best BBQ Chicken Pizza
Wesley is a very picky food critic. It’s not just me; ask his family. His sister laughed about it at Christmas. Apparently, when he was younger he was the same way…always offering ‘suggestions’ on how to improve the dish. In fact, his mother said that’s why he started cooking, she told him ‘come do it the way you want it.’ I’ve said the same thing….not that nicely at times.
I hate that he’s that way. I’ll just be honest, but it probably has made me a better cook. (I hope he doesn’t read this!) So what I’m about to reveal IS EPIC!!!!!
He said this pizza is really good!!!
People – THAT. IS. HUGE.
I cannot remember a dish that I’ve made that he didn’t offer ANY ‘suggestions’ for improving.
I use this pizza dough recipe. I use this dough for pizzas, calzones, dessert pizzas, bread sticks and cheese sticks. I also add whole wheat flour for a whole wheat pizza crust when
I forget to get all-purpose I want it to be a little healthy. The dough is basic, simple to put together and very versatile.
This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken. If you prefer, purchase a rotisserie chicken. You only need 1 cup chopped chicken.
You can also change the toppings depending on your favorites and what you had on hand. HOWEVER, as Big Daddy can attest, these particular flavor combos are extremely flavorful.
Spread dough out on pan, spread bbq on top.
Top with chicken and vegetables, last goes the cheese. You’re ready to bake it.
Best BBQ Chicken Pizza / Call Me PMc
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe* link for dough is in post
- 1/2 c bbq sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1/2 c red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/4 c red onion sliced thinly
- 2 T jalapeno sliced thinly
- 1 c chicken chopped
- 1 c mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- *if you prefer use a prepared pizza crust
- Pizza crust recipe makes 2 - 14 inch thin crust pizzas. Use 1/2 of recipe.
- Spread 1/2 of dough recipe on a dark cookie sheet or pizza pan stretching thin. (if you prefer softer crust, bake on a lighter colored pan.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread bbq sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle black pepper over crust.
- Spread chicken over crust.
- Spread vegetables evenly over crust; red peppers, onions, jalapenos
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees 20 to 25 minutes until crust is brown and cheese if melted and golden. Serve immediately.
One year ago, I shared these recipes with you. Click picture for the recipe.