Best BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe has juicy chicken, tangy barbecue sauce, chewy mozzarella cheese, and the best ingredient of all, spicy jalapenos! The dynamic flavors pack quite a punch!
Pizza tastes better from scratch and my Best BBQ Chicken Pizza is no exception. With fresh and homemade ingredients, this pizza is full of flavor but isn’t time-consuming to make. Busy moms know how important this is!
Best BBQ Chicken Pizza
Wesley is a very picky food critic. It’s not just me; ask his family. His sister laughed about it at Christmas. Apparently, when he was younger he was the same way…always offering ‘suggestions’ on how to improve the dish. In fact, his mother said that’s why he started cooking, she told him ‘come do it the way you want it.’ I’ve said the same thing….not that nicely at times.
I hate that he’s that way. I’ll just be honest, but it probably has made me a better cook. (I hope he doesn’t read this!) So what I’m about to reveal IS EPIC!!!!!
He said this pizza is really good!!!
People – THAT. IS. HUGE. Because I cannot remember a recipe that he didn’t offer ANY ‘suggestions’ for improving.
BBQ Pizza Tips and Subs
I use this pizza dough recipe. I use this dough for pizzas, calzones, dessert pizzas, breadsticks, and cheese sticks. I also add whole wheat flour for a whole wheat pizza crust when
I forget to get all-purpose I want it to be a little healthy. The dough is basic, simple to put together, and very versatile.
Another option is my Cra zy Bread Dough for Everything!
This smoked beer can chicken is a great recipe to use leftover chicken. If you prefer, purchase a rotisserie chicken. You only need 1 cup chopped chicken.
You can also change the toppings depending on your favorites and what you had on hand. HOWEVER, as Big Daddy can attest, these particular flavor combos are extremely flavorful.
- Once your dough has proofed and is ready, spread it out on your pan
- Spread bbq sauce on top
- Next, top with chickenk, onion, bell peppers, and jalapenos.
- Lastly, add the cheese and then you’re ready to bake it.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated June 03, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Best BBQ Chicken Pizza
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ recipe pizza *dough recipe here, or you can use store bought
- ½ cup bbq sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray’s
- ½ cup red bell pepper sliced thinly
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno sliced thinly
- 1 cup chicken chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- *if you prefer use a prepared pizza crust
- Spread 1/2 of the dough recipe on a dark cookie sheet or pizza pan stretching thin. (if you prefer a softer crust, bake on a lighter colored pan.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread bbq sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle black pepper over crust.
- Spread chicken over crust.
- Spread vegetables evenly over crust; red peppers, onions, jalapenos
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees 20 to 25 minutes until crust is brown and cheese if melted and golden. Serve immediately.