Quick Burrata Pizza Recipe is an easy and delicious classic burrata pizza recipe with luxurious pillows of cheesy Burrata goodness on top. This Burrata pizza recipe is so easy and quick to make in just 30 minutes. It’s a perfect busy weeknight meal.
QUICK BURRATA PIZZA RECIPE
Burrata on pizza is an incredible addition, and pairs wonderfully with a burst tomatoes, pesto, and garlic. Increase your homemade pizza game with this surprisingly easy version.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR QUICK BURRATA PIZZA RECIPE
The full recipe with amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. As well, set up your recipe box for free so you will never lose this wonderful recipe.
- Burrata cheese. I found burrata at Walmart and Kroger. If you can’t find it or don’t want to spend that much for cheese (it’s a little pricey) you can substitute ricotta or fresh mozzarella.
- Pizza dough. You can make the dough (here’s my easy recipe) or purchase it. Kroger has frozen dough that tastes homemade. As well, you can get refrigerated pizza dough or use the ready bake ones.
- Olive oil.
- Italian seasoning.
- Mozzarella cheese. I use fresh mozzarella cheese pearls. They’re about the size of a marble. You can slice the large balls of fresh mozzarella.
- Cherry tomatoes. Or, you can use grape tomatoes.
- Basil pesto.
- Shallots. Thinly slice the shallot. You can also use pickled red onions.
- Basil. Fresh basil cut into ribbons. More info is below.
What is Burrata cheese?
Burrata cheese is a mix of mozzarella and cream and it’s become very popular in the last year or so.
Do I put burrata on pizza before or after cooking?
I put the burrata cheese on before cooking in this recipe.
Can I substitute anything for the shallot?
The flavor of shallot is similar to a red onion but sweeter and less tart. Therefore, you can substitute red onions or pickled red onions.
How do I cut basil ribbons?
Make basil ribbons by laying about 10 leaves of basil on a cutting board. Make a pile, with the largest leaf at the bottom. Next, roll the leaves into a log. Slice the log thinly into strips. Unroll and garnish with the basil ribbons.
QUICK BURRATA PIZZA RECIPE TIPS
- Let dough come to room temp- this helps it to more easily be formed
- Brust the crust with olive oil and season for a deliciously crispy golden crust
- Make sure the oven is already to temp before cooking
- Lightly spray a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Be sure to poke the center of the dough with a fork as this will prevent bubbles from forming in the dough
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Blistered Tomato Ricotta Pasta
- Tomato Cheese Tart
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Tomato Cream Sauce Sausage Gnocchi
- Hoisin Glazed Sea Scallops
- 19+ Slow Cooker Recipes
- New Orleans Sausage Shrimp Crawfish Pasta
Last But Not Least… I love hearing from you and would love it if you would leave a rating and a comment. Please follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo when you make this recipe.
QUICK BURRATA PIZZA RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounces Burrata cheese
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 medium shallot sliced thin
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon basil cut into ribbons, info above
- Allow pizza dough to come to room temp. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a wooden cutting board. Place dough on top, and use your knuckles to press dough into a 14” circle
- Use a fork to pierce several holes into the dough, stopping 1” from the edge.
- Pinch and roll the edges in to form a thicker crust. This will also make the pizza 12” round.
- Combine halved tomatoes with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Brush the outer rim of the pizza dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning
- Spread pesto over the center. Top with halved tomatoes, shallot, and mozzarella pearls. Leave a small space in the center for the Burrata.
- Place Burrata into the center of the pizza. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of black pepper and Italian seasoning
- Place into the oven on the center rack and bake for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle arugula and basil ribbons over the top and enjoy!
Really flavorful and very tasty pizza! Thanks a lot for this amazing and great recipe! Will surely have this again, super easy to make! Loved it and highly recommended!
Oh Paula you had me at burrata! This looks delicious! I hope you will consider checking out my weekly link party for a chance to be featured https://www. ourtinynest .com/ 2022/10/05/wednesday-link-party/
This was soooo good! Better even than my favorite Italian restaurant! Thanks for another winning recipe with my favorite cheese of all time!
JD Alewine says
Burrata me two times! This is a GREAT recipe Paula!
Shelby Stover says
The pesto + tomato combo is one of my favorites! And this Burrata pizza comes out so fresh but filling. Delicious.
Jere Cassidy says
I actually had just bought some burrata because I wanted to try it, but honestly, I wasn’t sure what to do with it. This was such an easy recipe and the burrata made a super tasty pizza.
I really enjoy burrata. I’ve made a few recipes with it. This pizza and these two are my favorites. You may like them too (click the title and the recipe will come up) > Burrata Basil Pesto Pasta and Tomato Burrata Chicken Pasta
My family and I made this perfect pizza last Friday. The tomatoes and burrata added so much freshness and flavor. Can’t wait to make again.